Window spots!!!!!

C2AXG

Advanced Member
How on earth do you remove these hideous spot marks there like burnt into the tinted glass and really looks horrendous when its clean! ='(

C2AXG

Advanced Member
I've tried rubbing it with anything and everything I've got! Compound, plastic x, glass cleaner....

Not a very good photo taken with my phone but this is my rear tinted screen, you can see the spotting like stains.. I hope...

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Tried a blade from a Stanley? carefully see if you can lightly scratch them off. BE CAREFULL!!! You wont damage the glass unless you properly go mad with pressure and etc. A little bit of common sense, but that should remove them.

Edit: are they on the inside or outside? Under the window tint or is that factory tint?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
If it really wont come out with anything, as a last resort you could try some cerium oxide glass polish on a DA or drill, it will polish out scratches in the glass so should take care of those spots too. Careful if you use a drill though, keep checking its not heating up too much as you go along.

As above though you could try a blade, maybe use some quick detailer with it to minimise the risk of scratching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Its external and they havnt been tinted that's standard glass so how will a Stanley blade help the glass is stained there not risen lumps so to speak?
Must be burnt on rain?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Hmmm its also possible its just residue from hard water thats been baked on, a good old trick for limescale etc is vinegar, try a kitchen towel soaked in it, leave it on the screen for 20 mins, then see if it will wipe off?

If not that glass polish might be the only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truupR

Advanced Member
I'm curious about this too...

Going to take the DA to the windows if the weather holds out toward the end of the week. I've got some strange markings on my side rear windows and rear window that looks like watermarks that I just cannot seem to budge for love nor money. Tried the usual washing, claying, even put some iron X on there to no avail :/

C2AXG

Advanced Member
After reading that I'm certain that mine are permenant. Plexiglass windows needed!!

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
auto glym car glass polish WILL remove these water marks, spread it on half the window, then apply more to your cloth and rub like hell, you'll see how the window starts to shine a clear back and it will "feel" clean, back window will take about half an hour to do.

RobS

Advanced Member
I have some of these too, will try and pick up some glass polish and hit it with the DA see if it makes any difference :)

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Ile try a rear quatre panel with the glass polish first then I've got quite abit of that stuff Latin about in the garage

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
C2AXG said:
Ile try a rear quatre panel with the glass polish first then I've got quite abit of that stuff Latin about in the garage
Had a few sherbets I think!!

truupR

Advanced Member
So managed to get the DA out on my small rear windows which had pretty bad marks on them.

Before:

Apologies for the bad photos - only got an iPhone to take pictures with :( Quite difficult to picture but those strange marks that are all over the window are still present even after washing, Iron X and claying. The above pictures are prepped for DA'ing. I wasn't expecting result to be fair given a claybar and Iron X did nothing. Two passes with some Megs #105 on a heavy cutting pad........ The results speak for themselves :)

After:

Absolutely chuffed with the results. I was short on time so couldn't do the main side windows and rear window which all have the same marks! So to answer the OP - yes you can get rid of them :D

maxvr6

Advanced Member
That looks like an absolute bargain, could probably do several cars with that.