How low is your b pipe?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Here's mine, it scrapes on the smallest of speed bumps, slopes

Fujitsubo rm01a

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
The mid silencer on the kakimoto regu 06&R hangs very low, i have scraped it a few times. Now its been lowered so i fear it even more going over speed bumps

truupR

Advanced Member
Mines fairly low, often scrapes the one speed bump in my street :< 99% of speed bumps I'm fine with but only that one in particular.... Doesn't matter how slow I go over it, still scrapes.

integraleo

Advanced Member
linh-ej9 said:
The mid silencer on the kakimoto regu 06&R hangs very low, i have scraped it a few times. Now its been lowered so i fear it even more going over speed bumps
Really? I have the kakimoto too and lowered on eibach springs and only one place near me I have to be careful not to scrape the b pipe due to the shape of a side road going over a hump which is quite steep. Fine everywhere else. What manifold are you running?

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
The b pipe don't scrap just the bottom of the silencer box. I didnt notice i was scraping until i had it on the ramp at tgm last week. The silencer is quite big compared to others.
Im running standard manifold.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Megan Racing Drift Spec exhaust.

Sits higher than OEM. No problems with scraping. Great exhaust :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
my rm01a did not hang that low, never scraped once and thats with buddyclub coilivers too!

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Only scraped once with my Kakimoto on Eibach pro springs and that was going into JAE at Wickstead Park.

RichA

Advanced Member
My exhaust clearance improved significantly after fitting an RM01A and Tegiwa Manifold, my OEM setup scraped a lot more than currently!

p1tse

Advanced Member
RichA said:
My exhaust clearance improved significantly after fitting an RM01A and Tegiwa Manifold, my OEM setup scraped a lot more than currently!
Would a manifold make a difference, to the height? Mines mates to oem exhaust manifold

p1tse

Advanced Member
Wander why mine is so low? Even with oem b pipe it was low(ish) but rm01a is lower

What it looks like from the front

Mark_teg

Staff member
My kakimoto and spoon used to hang low. When you master speed humps with a certain technique it was generally ok though :)

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Eibachs here and its about 5 inch from the road. I loaded the car up with camping gear, bell tent, wood burning stove and fishing gear and it went down to about 4inch. Although it all fit with the seats down with room to spare it was far too low for speed bumps and fields! Took my dads car..

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
My kakimoto and spoon used to hang low. When you master speed humps with a certain technique it was generally ok though :)
Not sure if there are techniques if raised 'bumps' in the road not just smaller speed bumps

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Hmm wander why mine is low?
sure i read somewhere on here that it can be adjusted somehow, sorry for the vagueness but have a read around as i remember seeing that recently!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
My old Kakimoto used to hang stupidly low, but I blamed it on my manifold. Now got a custom 3" and the fitment is perfect.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Erm said:
Change the hangers so it sits closer to the body of the car
such a non techie person
I assume this is with the rubber mount/ hangers? if it can be done, maybe a trip to local exhaust place which would have stuff in stock