Assetto Corsa - DC5 Mod

spooke

Advanced Member
Anyone here play Assetto Corsa? http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

I've been working on a Honda Integra Type R DC5 mod for it, the model is taken from Forza Motorsport's 4. If anyone here plays who would like to test out my mod send me a PM!

Looking forward for when I get my real DC5 so I can compare :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
I would love to test your mod. I was part of the mod team for the Pure MX5 for AC that has just been released. Plus the Caterham mod for Rfactor. Been sim racing since 1981 so lots of experience :)

spooke

Advanced Member
Thanks! It is yes, there a a fair few mods out there at the moment. The game is well worth it, its only getting better.

DC5RS said:
wow nice effort, will definitely buy it one of these days. Is modding legal in Assetto ?
That's good to hear, I gave that mod a try - it's very well made and the car feels pretty realistic! I'll send it over tomorrow, working on the physics and sounds.

Will be interesting to see what you think of it.

Linus27 said:
I would love to test your mod. I was part of the mod team for the Pure MX5 for AC that has just been released. Plus the Caterham mod for Rfactor. Been sim racing since 1981 so lots of experience :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Thanks! It is yes, there a a fair few mods out there at the moment. The game is well worth it, its only getting better.

That's good to hear, I gave that mod a try - it's very well made and the car feels pretty realistic! I'll send it over tomorrow, working on the physics and sounds.

Will be interesting to see what you think of it.
Nice one Spookie, will be great to get a DC5 in the game. What are you using for reference for the sound? Will be more that happy to do lots of testing for you and giving you my feedback. The screenshots look great.

spooke

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Nice one Spookie, will be great to get a DC5 in the game. What are you using for reference for the sound? Will be more that happy to do lots of testing for you and giving you my feedback. The screenshots look great.
Thanks, I've really enjoyed driving it and making the physics for it, can't wait to drive the real thing. Sounds have been taken from the NFS: Shift 2 Honda Civic, I'm going to record my own at some point.

That sounds great, I've had a friend from Italy who has a DC5 (fair bit of track experience) and has been driving it on a motion rig, the feedback was good. But its since changed a fair bit so may drive worse hah.. I'll send it over this afternoon.

Linus27

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Thanks, I've really enjoyed driving it and making the physics for it, can't wait to drive the real thing. Sounds have been taken from the NFS: Shift 2 Honda Civic, I'm going to record my own at some point.
That sounds great, I've had a friend from Italy who has a DC5 (fair bit of track experience) and has been driving it on a motion rig, the feedback was good. But its since changed a fair bit so may drive worse hah.. I'll send it over this afternoon.
Ah ok, NFS should be a good base for the sound.

I be just got back from doing Croft on Friday in my DC5. Car was amazing apart from spinning into a corn field lol

spooke

Advanced Member
Croccy said:
Cool, Will have to check this out with my VR headset :)
I also have a Oculus Rift DK2 :), it's awesome fun to use! I'll PM you the link.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Just an update. Mod worked fine although the position of hands on the steering wheel seem to be wrong on mine. Not really looked into it much though.

So much fun driving the Nurburgring in the DC5 with force feedback steering wheel, buttkicker and DK2 :)

Amazing!!!

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Old man. :p

What sims were about in 1981!? First sim I played was Geoff Crammond's F1GP. It blew my mind.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
Old man. :p

What sims were about in 1981!? First sim I played was Geoff Crammond's F1GP. It blew my mind.
Haha Revs my young padawan :) Came out in 1984 and was written by Geoff Crammond's before he did the F1GP games :)

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Just checked Revs out, it looks like a game changer way back then! Geoff is a clever man. I wonder what he's doing now..

Linus27

Advanced Member
Yeah it was. I was even using a home made wheel and pedals back then on the BBC computer :)

Yeah Geoff Crammond is a genius. I wasted so much time on GP2 but GP4 was incredible with the wet weather. Then GPL came along and everything changed again :)

I last read that he just does consultancy work for software companies.