Tegiwa insane Drive Shafts too Short!

beppe786

Beppe
Anyone else using them? or had any experience or problems?

i purchased both as one oem side blew, thought why not change both same time.

looking at them they both looked slightly shorter but packaging was a bit confusing but did state Dc5R, so just thought design is different so should be ok, as i know ep3 one are definitely sorter

few pix

Both with joints pushed in

im sure tegiwa will sort this just wanted to see if anyone had used or fitted them? as if there are packed wrong or for ep3 then they won't last long on our DC5

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I had so much trouble trying to source a relatively in expensive pair of replacement shafts due to this issue. I tried multiple shafts too. Only real way is either brand new spoon/ OEM or buying new ends and sticking them on.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Tricker Luke also had issues, could be worth PMing him as I think he had some made to length? could be imagining things though.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
post your findings when you get somewhere beppe, cos i was thinking of ordering these as you know! cheers

TyperItr

Advanced Member
If they were produces in the US they could be RSX shafts, which are shorter. I had the same problem when I bought a set, they were sold as dc5 shafts!! Luckly I got refunded the price. Then went to www.driveshaftshop.com and bought proper dc5 shafts

beppe786

Beppe
TyperItr said:
If they were produces in the US they could be RSX shafts, which are shorter. I had the same problem when I bought a set, they were sold as dc5 shafts!! Luckly I got refunded the price. Then went to www.driveshaftshop.com and bought proper dc5 shafts
yes that's what i think also.. but it a bit of a school boy error on tegiwa side selling the for the Dc5 R... they are looking into it now lets see..

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I had no end of hassle with these driveshafts! Eventually got the right length apparently custom made but then the actual spline diameter was too large so they had used the wrong parts.
In the end I got a full refund and ordered a blueprint ep3 cv joint for about £40 and has been fine for almost a year now!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
I had no end of hassle with these driveshafts! Eventually got the right length apparently custom made but then the actual spline diameter was too large so they had used the wrong parts.
In the end I got a full refund and ordered a blueprint ep3 cv joint for about £40 and has been fine for almost a year now!
Did you have hassle with the transaction or did tegiwa just accept they were the wrong parts and issue a refund?

beppe786

Beppe
yeah i regret getting them too.. watch video all from today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJiho2oz_jU&feature=youtu.be

beppe786

Beppe
TyperItr said:
Did you have hassle with the transaction or did tegiwa just accept they were the wrong parts and issue a refund?
Tegiwa looking into it.. its not just about refund.. there all fitted to the car.. labour of fitting and taking off as well.. should have just got new ends for my oem shafts

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
No hassle with the transaction as such, Tegiwa were very helpful trying to deal with the supplier and get it sorted. I gave up after the 3rd or 4th shaft replacement and just got the separate joint. Fairly straight forward to replace too.

2ndy

Advanced Member
The problem with putting the new end on is the drivers side inner, i dont think there is a new one that fits that you can get seperate?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Another uninformed post from ep3itrdc5...

Anyway, I like the look of those ones in the us typeitr posted.

They were like 800 USD but specifically for jdm dc5 and capable of 500hp.

Sounds good might be worth biting the bullet when tegiwa refund you beppe