Kenwood DDX-4017DAB

subtronics

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Got a new head unit, not had chance to hook it up properly yet, but its working well so far. :) Will give a little review when its in and connected up properly.

subtronics

Advanced Member
Yeah, it sounds well. What are the standard speakers like in a teg? Mine sounds pretty decent, not sure if they have been changed over.

Some Focal components arriving tomorrow for the front. Got an old JBL amp lying around in the garage, going to see if that is up to the job of giving them a bit of a kick. :)

Sonny1

Advanced Member
I swapped the standard speakers out in mine 9 years ago when I got it mate. Changed them all again 2 years ago for jl audio zr 6.5" components in front and coaxials in rear. Really crisp sound with them. Haven't gotten around to fitting my amps and subs yet tho as been too busy.

subtronics

Advanced Member
I looked at JL Audio components too, but decided on these. Arrived to today! Very excited about getting them in. :)

Sonny1

Advanced Member
Decent. Get some dynamat on the doors and quarter panels and you'll really notice a big difference.
Let me know what it all sounds like once ya get them in. The front doors need a bit of fettling to get the 6.5" ones to fit but well worth it in the end.

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Looks good!

Would you be splicing the standard speaker wires? Ideally i would like to keep the car looms/cables as oem as possible but it seems unlikely.

subtronics

Advanced Member
Interesting you should say that! Whatever owned my car before me decided to chop the honda connector off the end of the look behind the head unit! I nearly died when I took the out head unit out.

So going to get the solder iron out, and wire in a ISO connector. Will leave the standard wires in place where possible, unless I replace them completley.

The current plan is to add a 4 channel amp, but really going to take my time over this as don't want any shoddy looking/poorly placed audio bits sat around in the cabin. Needs to look OEM, but sound awesome, AND without sounding like a chav's corsa!

***also got a surround to modify to go around the stereo***