Reg plate sizes and best place to get

Frazdog

Advanced Member
I‘ve had a private plate on my scooby. Now for sale and I want to put it on my teg.

It‘s a full size number. I.e 4 & 3 letters / numbers.

I have a square reg at front offset to side just now. I would like to just go with a sticker style one offset to side also.

Is that legal? How small can I make letters to fit on the area given and has anyone got a good place to buy the reg / sticker from?

Other recommendations are great fully received if just a smaller plate is better.

(Reason to not keep square is the way the reg is it doesn‘t read right then)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6MWX

Not related to your question but I've just made the move from a scoob to a teg a couple weeks ago lol

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Frazdog

Advanced Member
the Teg is a better drivers car. well I had the 2016 STI. nice car but love the teg. mine has been quite modified too so even better.

I had a teg for 6.5 years a while back.

C6MWX

Frazdog said:
the Teg is a better drivers car. well I had the 2016 STI. nice car but love the teg. mine has been quite modified too so even better.

I had a teg for 6.5 years a while back.
I've said this, it feels much more stable in standard form and it's power you can use, mine was a 2007 forged Hawk STI. I picked up a nighthawk black dc5 in px on it it's a standard car apart from a mishimoto rad and buddy club pro spec exhaust but it's real clean for its age, I've had some stick off the scoob boys for it but not one of them has accepted my track challenge yet DSC_2714.jpg

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
As far as I know, sticker style plates are a grey area in terms of legality. They have to be on a flat vertical surface for sure though.

Frazdog

Advanced Member
C6MWX said:
I've said this, it feels much more stable in standard form and it's power you can use, mine was a 2007 forged Hawk STI. I picked up a nighthawk black dc5 in px on it it's a standard car apart from a mishimoto rad and buddy club pro spec exhaust but it's real clean for its age, I've had some stick off the scoob boys for it but not one of them has accepted my track challenge yet
DSC_2714.jpg

I just bought one of a guy on here. It‘s been modified quite a bit.

Forged pistons, stage 3 cams, ohilm suspension got maps at 245 and 261. It shifts. And tbh. I would say it‘s faster when moving than my STI was. Can‘t wait to try race 1.

C6MWX

Frazdog said:
I just bought one of a guy on here. It‘s been modified quite a bit.

Forged pistons, stage 3 cams, ohilm suspension got maps at 245 and 261. It shifts. And tbh. I would say it‘s faster when moving than my STI was. Can‘t wait to try race 1.

Sounds tasty, must have set you back a bit. I've dropped 160bhp from the scoob to the teg but definitely doesn't feel like it at all

Frazdog

Advanced Member
C6MWX said:
Sounds tasty, must have set you back a bit. I've dropped 160bhp from the scoob to the teg but definitely doesn't feel like it at all

Not any more than any other teg but it‘s had a few quid spent on it. Love it

wocka

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
As far as I know, sticker style plates are a grey area in terms of legality. They have to be on a flat vertical surface for sure though.
I have sold sticky plates on here (strictly dc5 only if I can help it) for around 5/6 years now and I‘ve not had a single complaint about not passing mot or police trouble, I understand I might not get told but they follow all the guidelines

I run one myself, my friends run them and people I talk to regular run them with no issues.

I‘m not sure how legal they actually are because your right, it‘s definitely a grey area. Maybe if I sold them publicly I would get more feedback but I‘ve sold hundreds to the dc5 owners

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I think it‘s down to where they are placed too, but old jags got away with it years ago - although the laws changed in 2001.

Frazdog

Advanced Member
yeh im interested mate.

looking for the one for the front. what size letters do you use? pics of yours?

My private plate is FR02 DOG

if you can give me the measurements of what the plate would be so I can ensure will look ok on the front bumper.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've had some stick off the scoob boys for it but not one of them has accepted my track challenge yet
This is because they wont be able to keep up and their car will wear down and fade brakes etc before the DC5...

PM @wocka for sticky style plates.

PM @carlos777777 for JDM square style plates
Reg the other bits, this ^^^^^

Only other option is a beatrush plate relocator, I have one and run a static plate (although have some of Wocka's sticky ones) and a relocator for mot's with a more legit plate

Frazdog

Advanced Member
This is because they wont be able to keep up and their car will wear down and fade brakes etc before the DC5...

I found when I swapped back over to Dc5 that when I was thinking of changing gear, as that‘s point scooby would, I still had 2-3000 revs to go in Dc5. So although turbo probably has more pull. The Dc5 keeps giving for longer. With mine being in the 245-260 bhp region it moves alright. Plus Dc5 is more fun.

carl hammond

Advanced Member

I found when I swapped back over to Dc5 that when I was thinking of changing gear, as that‘s point scooby would, I still had 2-3000 revs to go in Dc5. So although turbo probably has more pull. The Dc5 keeps giving for longer. With mine being in the 245-260 bhp region it moves alright. Plus Dc5 is more fun.

yeah 100%, I have found the same with many of my other cars VS the DC2 and DC5, all the Turbo's I have had have been great fun but mainly for the road, on track I prefer to ring a cars neck and push it hard and rev more than run out of rev's and gears through high boost and torque :)
[/QUOTE]

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
ddc5 said:
PM @wocka for sticky style plates.

PM @carlos777777 for JDM square style plates
Thanks mate I appreciate the vouch!

The number plate area is a pretty grey area but with BSAU 145e coming out in the next year or so (after this brexit malarkey) I believe they will be more clear.

However, every plate must have the bs number and company information printed on the plate; if not then you may be subject to £100 fine if stopped. The BS number ensures the plates are manufactured with the correct materials and have the correct spacing s, margins, character sizes and meet the minimum reflectivity specifications.

The company name and postcode is there to prove who supplied the plate and to eliminate ‘cloning‘ as best as possible. You could get a ‘showplate‘ made today with anybody‘s reg then go to a petrol station, fill up and drive off. They may never catch you due to the cloned reg...

I own a company called JDM Plates. We do comply with all the relevant standards and guidelines and can also produce plates in such a variety of smaller legal sizes which still comply with the standards. For instance, a 5 digit reg on n imported car can legally be 300mm wide x 87mm high whereas on a UK car it will have to legally be slightly bigger... with every smaller plate you will received a declaration of legality to prove they‘re legal aswell

Feel free to send me a message or have a look at our website directly:-

Https://www.jdmplates.co.uk

Also, for every member of this forum I have produced a 20-25% discount code; I can‘t remember what it is but if you ask I‘ll gladly give it to you!

Cheers,
Carl.

Frazdog

Advanced Member
HI mate. I need a back reg plate then for my teg. Reg will be

FR02 DOG.

whats the price etc? I guess you know the dimensions we need for the rear reg.

can I order through here or should I go through your website?

Ohh Carbon Letters if I can??

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Frazdog said:
HI mate. I need a back reg plate then for my teg. Reg will be

FR02 DOG.

whats the price etc? I guess you know the dimensions we need for the rear reg.

can I order through here or should I go through your website?

Ohh Carbon Letters if I can??
Hi mate,

It would be best to go through the website as it helps keep all the orders together otherwise I may miss a few.

Https://www.jdmplates.co.uk

Cheers,
Carl.