Dc5 race prep

stu69er

Hello, I own a Dc5 06 and have purchased anti roll bar kit whiteline. The rear bar fitted great but the front is way out. Is the pre face-lift front control arm different to the 06 face-lift arm.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Very strange problem but when I was shopping some time ago for some aftermarket sway bars I spotted these coming up for sale in the uk.

I looked a bit more into it and found there was a couple of Australian based companies developing more and more parts for hondas. Companies like whiteline and super pro are very well known and parts in the uk are easy to purchase.

Like we all know there are loads of similarities between the ep3 and dc5. What I found with these Aussie based companies were developing parts based on the type s model of the dc5 (Acura rsx). The type s is the body of a dc5 with ep3 type running gear which most of us are aware of

The rear arbs are interchangeable but the front is not that simple. It will fit in its place but due to the difference in the alloy lower arm compared to the steel lower arm on the ep3/type s it won‘t marry up.

If you have a look at this link from whitelines website you‘ll notice this arb doesn‘t fit alloy lower arm models
https://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue4.php?make=ACURA&model=RSX&model_final=RSX+DC5+TYPE+R%2C+TYPE+S&vehicle=2001-2006

I‘m not 100% if this matches the part number of the sway bar you‘re trying to install or not. A couple of applications out there prefer you to use their drop links. Yours looks too far out for that too be honest it would create far too much angle to reach making them less effective, just my opinion I could be wrong

After reading the above I went back to using the Cusco sway bars, little much can be gained by changing the front bar but it‘s nice to upgrade old for new.

I‘d contact where you brought them from or contact uk whiteline distributor or whiteline HQ