Recent content by barryl85

1. B

DC5 Is ARB front

He says his DC5 doesnt have Type-R arms which are aluminium, so he must not have a Type-r.
  2. B

Weird one? :-/ Electrics?

This could definitely be cause by 'bad earthing' corroded contacts or incorrectly earthed. Other options is bare wire somewhere shorting out.
  3. B

Rattle from left of crank case!

This is why in my earlier post suggested taking the drive belt off then starting the engine up, very common for pulleys to get noisy/rattly its a 10 minute job. Its 100% the first place to check for noises like this.
  4. B

"beep" when full lock

You wont need to replace it if your power steering works ok, the squeak you hear is the belt slipping on full lock, its normal for Honda's (and a lot of other belt driven/hydraulic power steering cars to do this). You could try a new belt to minimize noise but apart from that - if it ain't...
  5. B

Rattle from left of crank case!

Hard to say without having heard it in person, it could be many things, out of interest is the water pump driven by the auxiliary belt? You also have the alternator and power steering pump and A/C?. (i'm used to working on b-series engines) as it could be bearings in a pulley, you could whip off...
  6. B

HELP - Won't start :(

You can test your starter easily by hooking it up straight to the battery, it wont activate the solenoid though and throw out the teeth but it will spin.
  7. B

Hel or Goodridge Braided Brake lines

Yeah I know what they are meant for but didn't know if they really improved brake feel by much. I'd say they can be less reliable than stock lines though.
  8. B

Hel or Goodridge Braided Brake lines

Just wanted to ask why most of you change from the standard brake lines? and what yous feel the benefits over the stock lines are?
  9. B

Show us your nuts!

Aluminium/lightweight wheel nuts are a joke anyway - steer clear of them !
  10. B

Been stupid with new coolant fluid..

Dont feel stupid, you learn from mistakes and if you didn't have it running long there would be no damage done at all, believe it or not but your engine oil also acts as a coolant as well as a lubricant. Honda has never helped by not having proper bleed valves on the coolant lines, although...
  11. B

LA DC5 ABA DC5 ??

LA-DC5 DC5-100 refers to cars manufactured 07/01-04/03 LA-DC5-210 refers to cars manufactured 09/03-03/04 LA-DC5-220 refers to cars manufactured 03/04-09/04 ABA-DC5 DC5-230 refers to cars manufactured 09/04-07/06.
  12. B

DC5 or new shape Civic Type R?

I used to think these looks amazing, till one was driving directly behind me and only then you realize the roof is extremely high and the windscreen is actually MASSIVE !
  13. B

Just picked up my DC5

Sorry i may be asking a silly question, i'm new to DC5's - not honda's but your mod number 2 - black mesh front, i've seen a few people saying they are going to do or have done this but i havent seen any before / after pics of what it is!!
  14. B

Just picked up my DC5

Sorry i may be asking a silly question, i'm new to DC5's - not honda's but your mod number 2 - black mesh front, i've seen a few people saying they are going to do or have done this but i havent seen any before / after pics of what it is!!