Search results

1. coyote_dc5

Earth Kit

Mine has seen better days so I'm looking for a new kit which comes with battery terminal plate and wires all cut to correct lengths so it makes the install straight forward. Anyone recommend one or have link / pics? Thanks
  2. coyote_dc5

High RPM misfire

Teg has started having quick misfires up at around 8k rpm. I ran a datalog today to try and caputure it and you can see AFR shooting up along with o2 voltage changing at the same time. Can anyone shed any light on things to check? I've attached a datalog file too where you can see the events...
  3. coyote_dc5

Clutch Gremlins

Ok so I've been battling clutch issues for some time now so this is a final reach out to all on forum including traders to help. It all started well over 12 months ago when I started to get lock out when attempting to shift at high RPM. I started to work through the possible causes with fluid...
  4. coyote_dc5

Power steering fluid leak

Noticed the res is going down so having to keep topped up. Anyone ever experienced before and have some tips as to where it might be leaking from? I've inspected around the res itself and pipping close to it a also rack and gaters but no sign of leak there :/
  5. coyote_dc5

Winter Tyres

What do people choose? Might seem a strange question on a performance coupe and I've never had to consider them in the past 6yrs of ownership however moving house shortly and will be on ungritted roads so it's either I explore this or consider a winter car with AWD but that's the more...
  6. coyote_dc5

Repair carbon fibre

Does anyone know if / who can repair damaged CF bonnets by way of large stone chips as opposed to cracks or fractures? Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
  7. coyote_dc5

Misfire and smoke

Couple of weeks back I cranked over and EML remained lit (didn't have k Manager to hand) and immediately idle was lumpy like I had killer cams, smoke coming out of exhaust and smell of fuel. If you took foot of accelerator it would just stall. I cranked again and light went out and all was fine...
  8. coyote_dc5

Oulton Park MSV 24th July

Good 20mins of me hooning round the circuit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox_-ruDAk6k I've a couple more against a Golf R and E30 too if you check out my channel.
  9. coyote_dc5

Oulton 24th July MSV

I'm booked on. Fantastic circuit if you've not done before. Be good to have a few more tegs out there too so come and join me and book on :) Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
  10. coyote_dc5

Shift Locking - Suspect Box Oil Leak!

So I had a new RPC Stage 2 clutch fitted 8,000 miles ago and at the same time new MTF box oil! Everything was going so well until probably a month or so in and I started to feel the odd notch when changing gears occasionally. Box was fully reconditioned 6 months ago so happy syncros are top...
  11. coyote_dc5

Breakdown Cover

I use Britannia and in their T&Cs it states "sporting" events are not covered unless under Nation B Rally. I will ring in the morning but how I read this is basically if its none competitive like track days then its ok. Has anyone else ever inquired with their breakdown cover to see if they...
  12. coyote_dc5

Brands Indy

So who's up for this? I'm up North so generally do Angelsey, Oulton, Donny, Silverstone etc but really want to do this circuit. Would be great to meet some owners down that way and enjoy an open pit day. I'm thinking end of Feb early March. There are three options on MSV at the moment going...
  13. coyote_dc5

Toda A3 cams/springs

Calling all A3 tegs I recently had mine dyno'd with these cams and the results on paper were good at 270 but it does seem restricted in high cam despite the good hp figure. Low cam pulls well and seems to feel like the 190ft outputted on the dyno. When Paul was mapping he said my intake and...
  14. coyote_dc5

SR Intake Gold Foil Wrap

Has anyone done this before and data logged the before and after effects? I'm really wanting to do my SR to help with the heat ingestion from the exhaust. I've looked at exhaust wrapping and its expensive if done correctly so protecting the intake from heat seems a relatively inexpensive DIY...
  15. coyote_dc5

Power Vs Fuel Levels

Has anyone ever noticed a difference in power between a full or Low tank? I'm not referring to the fact your lighter as my experience is the opposite. For some strange reason (fuel pressure?) my teg pulls harder with a full tank than when low say below 1/4 I actually did a 70-100 test (on...
  16. coyote_dc5

Ticky Engine

Since an over rev I did couple of weeks back the engine has sounded ticky/tappy more noticeable between 2-3.5k rpm maybe just because exhaust noise over comes Oil has been checked as that's a regular check for me and it's on the max as usual I'm wondering whether the over rev has managed to...
  17. coyote_dc5

Suspect running rich!

I've been running my teg with current kpro map now for a fair few years with identical mods. For some reason this past few weeks she's started popping or back firing when I put foot back on throttle after engine braking. I can almost make it happen by just coming off and on throttle. This is a...
  18. coyote_dc5

Snet 300 16th of Nov

Anyone fancy joining me? http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=686itemid=11
  19. coyote_dc5

Cadwell 2nd October

What a track! Had mixture of rain and dry so used two different tyres but worked a treat that way. Track itself is split in two, one half fast and flowing so need big balls to carry the speed and then second half is tight and twisty. Such a treat when you get it right. For those that havnt been...
  20. coyote_dc5

EML Engine Cut out and Mis-Fire

Been on a spirited drive today and about an hour into the run when accelerating hard the engine stuttered and lurched forward as it lost power. Initially this didn't throw a code but made me back off for a while. Gradually I built things back up again and then bang it would do it again only this...