Search results

1. gibby85

Changed a couple of things

Now that I am not working on the oil rigs anymore and based on land full time I am using the car more often. Over the last month or so a couple of things have been annoying me though. 1. The noise - I have a Tegiwa ETD fitted and had it set pretty stiff. I never realised how much extra noise...
  2. gibby85

EML light on AGAIN!!

Driving to work this morning and the light came on again with a sudden loss in power. The car is not misfiring and is idling like normal but it is not engaging vtec and it is struggling at low revs, quite jittery. Any ideas?
  3. gibby85

Mass Airflow Sensor

Engine management light is on AGAIN for the third time in the space of a month! After replacing both o2 sensors my OBDII code reader is now saying my mass airflow sensor is knackered! The car sounds horrible at idle, very spluttery and the revs drop pretty low, actually sounds like it is going...
  4. gibby85

Spoon ECU

Is the Spoon ECU really worth the money?
  5. gibby85

Is it worth getting a new flywheel

I am about to purchase an exedy stage 1 clutch for my DC5. I was just wondering if it is worth replacing the flywheel at the same time. Is there to be any gains made out of uprating the flywheel? I was looking at buying the Exedy flywheel to go with the clutch but would like to know if it is...
  6. gibby85

No1 injector problem

Any ideas as to why my no1 injector has blown only a week after I had it replaced for the same reason?! The engine is completely standard which is why this is puzzling me and will be my mechanic when I drop it off to him tomorrow morning!
  7. gibby85

camber question

Is it normal for there to be more negative camber on the drivers side front than the passengers side front? I ask this because my car is lowered approx. 40mm on BC coilovers with camber adjustment. Both the ride height and camber are set the same but when looking at the car from the front you...
  8. gibby85

Power steering reservoir

This might be a stupid question but why does the DC5 have a power steering reservoir and the EP3 hasn't? They both have hydraulic power steering dont they?