Search results

1. Typerchris

Showa/spoon combo owners

Thanks Carl, it sits nice in the photos. Looking forward to getting them on now when I get a free weekend should be a lot tighter with the refresh. I see you rate the mugen/spoon combo for road and some track, seems a good all rounder. Nice build thread. Cheers , chris
  2. Typerchris

Showa/spoon combo owners

Thanks mate, will see how I get on when fitted, not clued up on geo settings but will be taking the car to get a good set up.
  3. Typerchris

Showa/spoon combo owners

Hi guys not posted for a while, got everything for a complete suspension refresh all bushes, links arms etc etc going to be fitting my mugen shocks with spoon springs also. Question I have is with the drop will the oem wheels look lost in the arches?If so what spacer thickness has anyone used to...
  4. Typerchris

Steering Rack Slider - So Honda Garage Delrin Upgrade

Good guide I plan on changing mine over the next couple weeks got the slider. Maybe a daft question but will the tie rods need to be removed before turning the arms free with the 29mm? Or do these just rotate over the arm? Thanks
  5. Typerchris

Mugen showa Bush

Currently refreshing all of the cars suspension and have bought mugen shocks with spoon springs to finish it off, they are in good condition and clean up very well, as Ive been changing all bushes I thought before I fit the struts I could change the rear lower damper bush to have everything...
  6. Typerchris

Facelift suspension upgrades

Hadn‘t looked in to Teins David might be worth a look for the price they are worth considering. Not to fussed on a slightly harsh ride more the feel for me within reason. Looking into which bushes are worth replacing at the moment to get the whole car set up at once.
  7. Typerchris

Thanks Carl I‘m on no rush as the car is limited driving until spring but I‘ll drop u a pm over the coming month or so see how you get on and if I‘m still in the market for the set up. Chris
  8. Typerchris

Thanks Carl looking like the best option just hard to find. Let me know if you decide to sell. The eibach is a much cheaper option but as you say the stance isn‘t great. Cheers, Chris
  9. Typerchris

Thanks for the input folks, looking like the mugen showa with pfl spoons seem a good way to go. The issues with clunking if I go for FL spoons on oem set up is putting me off unless the spring covers solve this? Or is it just that the compression isn‘t there? Will this effect the feel of the...
  10. Typerchris

Hi guys looking for some thoughts on upgrading the suspension on the car I‘ve read various threads in the search with other set ups. Had the teg a few years now an 06 facelift fully oem no mods and it‘s been great although now with limited driving time I have noticed the car feels a little...
  11. Typerchris

Itr-dc5.club stickers - Now been Posted

Received thanks again.
  12. Typerchris

Sent additional cash. No rush. Thanks
  13. Typerchris

No worries, happy to pay for a second sticker.
  14. Typerchris

Paid thanks
  15. Typerchris

6k D2R Bulbs

Just bought the bulbs in the link above £65 for the pair went for the 6k. Was going to try cheap ones but for the hassle of removing bumpers etc just bit the bullet. Fingers crossed they look good and last.
  16. Typerchris

Number plate

Yes Wocka on here does them I got some a few months ago and the quality was very good I received 3 plates they are also reflective.
  17. Typerchris

SK03 EFT

I test drove this when it was up for sale on here. If i remember correctly it Drove pretty well although it was my first test drive in a 5 and was raining also the roads around the guys house were appauling so made for a crashy test drive. I ended up being very picky with condition of seats etc...
  18. Typerchris

New DC5 Owner Awaiting Import from Scotland

Welcome mate also in Scotland. The wait will be worth it :) nice ek9 too.
  19. Typerchris

Newbie with Championship White PFL DC5

Welcome mate quite a few of us from in and around Glasgow :) enjoy the car!
  20. Typerchris

Milano red facelift Dc5 Owner from Scotland

Welcome along mate. Was at Automek for some work on Tuesday and Andrew mentioned he does about 4 FL dc5s and said he had a nice red one up recently must have been yours. Also seen yours Brophy looking good :)