How To Check Honda Japan for any Recalls due on DC5 - Instructions

Ramesh@JSP

Hi guys,

This should work on any Honda imported from Japan.

Includes notices of any recalls from August 2007 to date.

If remedial work has been carried out, the search will come back clean.

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Go to :

http://recallsearch4.honda.co.jp/sqs/r001/R00101.do?fn=link.disp

2) In the boxes at the top enter your chassis code.

First Box is for the Model - e.g "DC5"
Second box for Chassis number

Press red search button next to the two boxes.

3) Open up a new page and go to google translate

http://translate.google.com/#

4) Highlight and copy the Japanese blurb from the Honda search result page to the translation box in google translate and Press translate

5) Presto - English Translation for recall search results

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Good post, all that came up for mine was the bracket to steering rack bolts. Mine has the locking washer though but no sticker. Should be ok and there is a big thread about that recall too.

mikegsi

Staff member
This should be made sticky I reckon!

done, I'll leave it 'pinned' for a month or so, to be fair the only recall that has affected these was the steering rack nut for which there is already a thread

Vtequila

Dutchy
On mine,

Car chassis number that you entered is not been the subject of measures to improve the recall repair has been completed or have already. Sorry we have much to worry about.

Honda products in the future, we appreciate your patronage of both Honda dealers.

nwcivic

Advanced Member
On mine,

Car chassis number that you entered is not been the subject of measures to improve the recall repair has been completed or have already. Sorry we have much to worry about.

Honda products in the future, we appreciate your patronage of both Honda dealers.

what does the above mean?

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Hmmmm mines coming up with 'Four-wheel recall, improvement measures results' and that is has been fixed, does anyone know what this was?

The-Game

Handy alright, mine got

"Repair has been completed of your car chassis number to customers on the input or not are subject to recall, improvement measures. We apologize for any worry very much.

Thank you for your patronage Honda product, Honda dealers both in the future."

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Mine has a sticker in the rear privacy glass that says it was recalled for the steering rack. Also checked here and it's all clear

Jaxzer

I got this
Customers tail car chassis number entered not been the subject of recall improvement measures, or you have already repair is complete. We apologize for very worry.

Honda product, thank you enough for your patronage Honda sales company both in the future.

bennn

Advanced Member
Mine has had the steering rack done too. Don't remember seeing the sticker on it, but there is a note to say its been placed on the rear glass.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Just checked my new one and it says this

4 wheel recall · improvement measures · service campaign target vehicle search
Input car stand number DC 5 - *********
All cars with car chassis numbers entered by customers have already been recalled.
You can use it with confidence.

【Search Result: Enforced】 The past execution history is displayed below.
Notification date category content (You can check the notification contents by clicking below) Implementation date
2003-11-20 Recall Tie rod mounting bolt inspection
2006-05-28
â–  Inquiries

Does enforced mean it's been done I wonder?

RC_intdc5

emmsyDC5xx said:
Just checked my new one and it says this

4 wheel recall · improvement measures · service campaign target vehicle search
Input car stand number DC 5 - *********
All cars with car chassis numbers entered by customers have already been recalled.

【Search Result: Enforced】 The past execution history is displayed below.
Notification date category content (You can check the notification contents by clicking below) Implementation date
2003-11-20 Recall Tie rod mounting bolt inspection
2006-05-28
â–  Inquiries

Does enforced mean it's been done I wonder?

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Finally got round to using this.

4 wheel recall · improvement measures · service campaign target vehicle search - Any idea what this means?

Input chassis number DC 5 - *********
The car of the chassis number to which the customer is entered is not subject to recall etc.