First Car! Help!

Liam Bennett

Hey there!

I have recently just purchased my first car (2005 Honda Integra Luxury). I have a small amount of car knowledge however want to learn more over time. I want to do a few things to my Integra but im not quite sure where to start. I dont have the biggest budget in the world lol (i'm still in school and work a part time job). I was thinking to start with an exhaust system and lowering springs as she sits pretty high, but not sure whats the best bang for my buck? Would appreciate some feedback and guidance from other Integra owners!

Thanks Heaps

Liam

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hey there!

I have recently just purchased my first car (2005 Honda Integra Luxury). I have a small amount of car knowledge however want to learn more over time. I want to do a few things to my Integra but im not quite sure where to start. I dont have the biggest budget in the world lol (i'm still in school and work a part time job). I was thinking to start with an exhaust system and lowering springs as she sits pretty high, but not sure whats the best bang for my buck? Would appreciate some feedback and guidance from other Integra owners!

Thanks Heaps

Liam
Hi, firstly congrats on the purchase and at such a young age. Are you based in the states as that will impact on what parts we can and cannot recommend as you have some stuff we don't here in the UK etc and so on.

I have done a guide on suspensions, (oem, Spoon/Mugen mix setup, Bilstein and YS coilovers etc. Spring wise on oem dampers here in the UK we have Spoon (which sit beautifully as you'd see on my guide within my signature) or Eibach I believe who do two types and most run a mix of those to get a neutral stance else just one of them (cant remember the name) gives reverse rake (basically the rear sits a little lower than the front).

Exhausts again will all greatly depend on where you are in the world as to what's avail mate

Liam Bennett

Hi, firstly congrats on the purchase and at such a young age. Are you based in the states as that will impact on what parts we can and cannot recommend as you have some stuff we don't here in the UK etc and so on.

I have done a guide on suspensions, (oem, Spoon/Mugen mix setup, Bilstein and YS coilovers etc. Spring wise on oem dampers here in the UK we have Spoon (which sit beautifully as you'd see on my guide within my signature) or Eibach I believe who do two types and most run a mix of those to get a neutral stance else just one of them (cant remember the name) gives reverse rake (basically the rear sits a little lower than the front).

Exhausts again will all greatly depend on where you are in the world as to what's avail mate
Thanks for your intrest Carl!
I'm located in Australia! I will definitely take a look at your guides!

ste01

Advanced Member
It'll be an A3. It's 5 speed manual, basically a nicer iS/Type S integra.

Decent cars, I wouldn't bother doing much to it to be honest. Just get some decent tyres and enjoy it

Liam Bennett

It'll be an A3. It's 5 speed manual, basically a nicer iS/Type S integra.

Decent cars, I wouldn't bother doing much to it to be honest. Just get some decent tyres and enjoy it
Thanks for your advice! I forgot to mention it is an automatic

ste01

Advanced Member
Thanks for your advice! I forgot to mention it is an automatic
No worries, I used to have a 2005 type S civic (basically the same car as yours but manual and in a 2001-2005 civic body). There isn't much point doing much to them because of the extra weight of the "luxury parts" haha. Maybe pull out some back seats if you don't need them to do the free weight saving stuff. But tires and decent brake pads etc. will make any car better. Powerwise there isn't much worth doing without spending a lot so wouldn't bother going that way