Turbo DC5 - Does anyone know this car

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
A friend of mine is looking at buying a Turbo DC5 (on a whim!) And has seen one on Ebay.

The registration is SR03 OJM.

It was built around 2011 but has no paperwork for the build. Apparently it was a ex Honda Tech.

Been off the road for a few years since.

The seller said it runs absolutely fine and no issues etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TEG_DC5_R said:
A friend of mine is looking at buying a Turbo DC5 (on a whim!) And has seen one on Ebay.

The registration is SR03 OJM.

It was built around 2011 but has no paperwork for the build. Apparently it was a ex Honda Tech.

Been off the road for a few years since.

The seller said it runs absolutely fine and no issues etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Links?

The turbo one on eBay with carbon/black front avoid at all costs it‘s dodgy as hell and well known as are their sellers (known for dodgy cars and selling things without half the parts), I caught them out with an ek9 once that they‘d engine swapped but neglected to say about etc

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
It's not the one with the black bonnet etc.

Item number: 274133287546 its currently ended on Ebay.

carl hammond said:
Links?

The turbo one on eBay with carbon/black front avoid at all costs it‘s dodgy as hell and well known as are their sellers (known for dodgy cars and selling things without half the parts), I caught them out with an ek9 once that they‘d engine swapped but neglected to say about etc

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TEG_DC5_R said:
It's not the one with the black bonnet etc.

Item number: 274133287546 its currently ended on Ebay.
Lol the owner knows nothing mate, came here and removed the advert as it was so bad, didn‘t know anything about the car, who did the work, when etc and knew nothing. Ignored all our help and advice (a few of us gave) and was a rude little sh*t tbh.

Don muscles or something his name was, hasn‘t been able to shift it for months due to his lack of decent pics, honest adverts or understanding that we tried to help.

Advertised as never undersealed and 0 rust yet the pics that he put up showed rust and old (very old under seal) coming off.

Be cautious of that one imo

Ps added - Even the strut brace is on backwards if I remember correctly (not looked at his pics as knew it as soon as I saw it was claimed to only have 38k)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Yes as Carl has said....AVOID!

I wouldn't touch it personally. Buy mine instead, just had a low mileage 49k engine fitted and buy a turbo for it lol

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
Thanks for that, I will advise him to leave this one out. 👍

carl hammond said:
Lol the owner knows nothing mate, came here and removed the advert as it was so bad, didn‘t know anything about the car, who did the work, when etc and knew nothing. Ignored all our help and advice (a few of us gave) and was a rude little sh*t tbh.

Don muscles or something his name was, hasn‘t been able to shift it for months due to his lack of decent pics, honest adverts or understanding that we tried to help.

Advertised as never undersealed and 0 rust yet the pics that he put up showed rust and old (very old under seal) coming off.

Be cautious of that one imo

Ps added - Even the strut brace is on backwards if I remember correctly (not looked at his pics as knew it as soon as I saw it was claimed to only have 38k)

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Looks nice clean and oem. Still a nice sleeper! It could be genuine but you need all the receipts and to make sure everything has been carried out professionally well documented, original engine and not a bodge up job.

But looks nice and stock from the outside

Like everything it won‘t be a car from the showroom nothings perfect. You may need to refit things to make it perfect and underseal it but that‘s life it‘s still a 2003 car over 16 year old car. At least there is no visible rust on the outside which is a bonus especially the rear arches.

You will have to have a look at it to judge it if your mate has won it on eBay mate.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
Looks nice clean and oem. Still a nice sleeper! It could be genuine but you need all the receipts and to make sure everything has been carried out professionally well documented, original engine and not a bodge up job.

But looks nice and stock from the outside

Like everything it won‘t be a car from the showroom nothings perfect. You may need to refit things to make it perfect and underseal it but that‘s life it‘s still a 2003 car over 16 year old car. At least there is no visible rust on the outside which is a bonus especially the rear arches.

You will have to have a look at it to judge it if your mate has won it on eBay mate.
Unfortunately this is quite well known for its bad build etc

From memory it may have been Andy Ray who knows more about it as he looked at it and nothing seemed right

Reggie91

Advanced Member
My issue with the car was that it was being sold a super clean, in need of nothing etc etc.

When you look at the pictures:
-the brake discs were VERY rusted (I don't think it would have come off from a quick drive around the block). They would defo need replacing,
- the seller said it was clean underneath but it wasn't undersealed and there was visible signs of rust.
-strut brace the wrong way
-front bumper wasn't fitted properly

All red flags in my opinion. That's before you take into account the fact the seller was a bit of a tool.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
This the white one you're talking about?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Oh no. Not that one. The one we're talking about looked standard.

That one I saw for sale for 20k by the previous owner on facebook, but it had a few more bits on it like a mugen wing etc. He's obviously taken bits off and sold it to motorhub, which again do not have the best reviews

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Well it's another to avoid like the plague.
Seems to be a few dodgy ones about at the moment

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Well it's another to avoid like the plague.
Seems to be a few dodgy ones about at the moment

Both those have very bad rep's now. If he is seeking a Turbo or Charged one he needs to be careful as not many are known that are for sale and the ones that are don't have (from what I have seen) very reputable builds or even a good presence within the forum/community and so unlike a lot of our cars they are unknown and a FI DC5 is always a grey area with lots of risk if not done right.

If he however is happy with a NA car then there are plenty out there that are reputable, however having come from a massive list of very high powered FI car's if he wants a Turbo or similar he is imo better off buying a car that's out the box with that setup (EVO or similar) as a lot less risk and future potential issues.

That's what I done and then when I fel the want and need for NA I bough the DC2 and 5

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Be better off buying a clean example and getting it turbo'd after if that what they want.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cam

Advanced Member
Take a look at the seller's eBay account and view the last piece of feedback.....

Stay well clear. :-k

Dan-ward

I bought this car in May this year I did as much research as I could at the time but never looked ok here. What’s been said is right in some senses, it was described as immaculate but wasn’t. Wheels were all cerbed and the we’re little niggles here and there and the front bumper wasn’t fitted correctly. Something was telling me not to buy it but it was generally a good rust free car. I got it for a very reasonable price and then set about making the things right. Fixed the bumper etc there were fuel lines that were cracked so changed those. Had it smoke tested and pressure tested and it leaked like a sieve on almost every hose joint. The actuator was completely toast and leaking as was the dump valve. Had these all replaced and took it to Jesse halford to be mapped/checked over as was told it had sat for a while. He agreed there were some great things done to the engine aswell as things that made no sense! Fixed what was needed and to be fair it hasn’t missed a beat. Jesse said he could tell it was forged by how much further he could push it than a standard one on the Dino and by listening in with his headphones while mapping (he said the sound is different?) it has hardly any paper work for the engine work and the guy selling was abit of a tool and unwilling to help after the sale when I was trying to question him about the actuator and other bits however now after it’s all fixed and had a good detail she looks and drives mint. It’s absolutely savage to drive and it takes it really well. It comes out the garage once week if I’m lucky for a thrash then back in and never skips a beat.
just thought I’d post and let you guys know abit more about the from the new owner who isn’t an absolute cock lol as far as I’ve checked engine numbers and everything else adds up but if anyone else has any info on its past that would be appreciated. Cheers guys

Dan-ward

My issue with the car was that it was being sold a super clean, in need of nothing etc etc.

When you look at the pictures:
-the brake discs were VERY rusted (I don't think it would have come off from a quick drive around the block). They would defo need replacing,
- the seller said it was clean underneath but it wasn't undersealed and there was visible signs of rust.
-strut brace the wrong way
-front bumper wasn't fitted properly

All red flags in my opinion. That's before you take into account the fact the seller was a bit of a tool.
I bought it this year. Wasn’t aware of this forum, just posted on this thread