Rocker Cover Painted by “PrOfEsSiOnAl” advice

Bipingrg

I

I’ve recently got my rocker cover resprayed in candy red. I did it with a “PrOfEsSiOnAl” reputable company with 10+ years of experience.

The first rocker cover that was sent to me started bubbling under 100 miles . That so called company resprayed a second rocker cover free of charge. Now the second rocker cover only lasted less than 150 miles and as you can see from the pictures its even worse, to the point its already peeled and come off.

I’ve already spoken to them and they replied with “fuck off”, “not doing another one for nothing”. The question is what would you do in this situation?. I’ve paid them for something to be delivered right and when I told them what was wrong they simply refused it. Am i being a dick for letting people know whats happened to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
I

I’ve recently got my rocker cover resprayed in candy red. I did it with a “PrOfEsSiOnAl” reputable company with 10+ years of experience.

The first rocker cover that was sent to me started bubbling under 100 miles . That so called company resprayed a second rocker cover free of charge. Now the second rocker cover only lasted less than 150 miles and as you can see from the pictures its even worse, to the point its already peeled and come off.

I’ve already spoken to them and they replied with “fuck off”, “not doing another one for nothing”. The question is what would you do in this situation?. I’ve paid them for something to be delivered right and when I told them what was wrong they simply refused it. Am i being a dick for letting people know whats happened to me?

Reviews and bad press travels fast in the car world...

It's failed pretty badly imo. There is clearly something wrong with the process or paint their using. Looks like it's been unable to deal with the heat.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
How hot do the teg rocker covers get? Didn’t think it was extreme heat.. how do Honda paint them originally?

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
How hot do the teg rocker covers get? Didn’t think it was extreme heat.. how do Honda paint them originally?
It's not extreme heat but I think it's hot enough to damage paint if it's not been done properly.

I'd imagine an external company did the rocker cover paint unless Honda had the facility at the factory. They would need a big oven for the wrinkle effect to cure properly. A bit like what they do after powder coating.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bipingrg

Dunno mate it does get pretty hot but for a company that paints rocker cover i’m very dissatisfied and disappointed

SamDC5

Advanced Member
It was pretty funny to see his meltdown on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

craity

I got my rocker cover carbon dipped over red ferrari and plastic same and no bubbling or cracks etc, unfortunatelly you got shit job done on ur coverDC9488B7-2D72-45EF-8139-D9E9DC35FAB4.jpeg

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Out of interest, who was it that did yours that failed? Need to make sure to avoid them (or do it myself)

Bipingrg

Out of interest, who was it that did yours that failed? Need to make sure to avoid them (or do it myself)
It was SPOONERS RESTORATIONS!! Loool he messaged me saying “ you sealed my decision to quit”

Besthonda

It was SPOONERS RESTORATIONS!! Loool he messaged me saying “ you sealed my decision to quit”

Oh is that why he closed the company down. He did my rocker cover before and it was pretty good no issues. That's so random.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I’ve done several rocker covers before on other cars, but it’s never as good as a professional finish. But I’d only want to spend money with someone I knew would do a better job than me!

Bipingrg

Oh is that why he closed the company down. He did my rocker cover before and it was pretty good no issues. That's so random.
Yes thats what i’m saying. I only heard good things so i went ahead but was i wrong… not once but twice and second one ended up being much worse than first one.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
He closed up for a number of reasons from what I know (from a lack of people paying properly and on time to people sending in basically ruined and scrap rockers as their exchange units etc).

His reputation was very good for so long for a reason, but tbh the whole scene has changed dramatically over the years and is now filled with idiots so it's no wonder he quit. In his shoes I would have stopped a long time ago as I have no patience for half the muppets on the scene now which is I think the point he may have gotten to which is a shame as he had spent so long building that business and a very good reputation.

What I find odd is how a company like his gets slated so openly and quickly (a one man band), whereas other bigger companies selling cheap knock of poorly fitting parts thrive somehow and always come out on top, even though they sell and promote cheap knockoff and poor quality items that have no R&D etc.

Besthonda

Yes thats what i’m saying. I only heard good things so i went ahead but was i wrong… not once but twice and second one ended up being much worse than first one.

Yh thats definitely not good at all

Besthonda

He closed up for a number of reasons from what I know (from a lack of people paying properly and on time to people sending in basically ruined and scrap rockers as their exchange units etc).

His reputation was very good for so long for a reason, but tbh the whole scene has changed dramatically over the years and is now filled with idiots so it's no wonder he quit. In his shoes I would have stopped a long time ago as I have no patience for half the muppets on the scene now which is I think the point he may have gotten to which is a shame as he had spent so long building that business and a very good reputation.

What I find odd is how a company like his gets slated so openly and quickly (a one man band), whereas other bigger companies selling cheap knock of poorly fitting parts thrive somehow and always come out on top, even though they sell and promote cheap knockoff and poor quality items that have no R&D etc.
Yh this is true too. As some big companies that also sell rocker covers actually dont do a great job I'm talking about proper brand name companies. And your right the scene has changed big time it's not the same as before and tbh the car scene has gone downhill, all you see now is car meets with fart cannons.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Yh this is true too. As some big companies that also sell rocker covers actually dont do a great job I'm talking about proper brand name companies. And your right the scene has changed big time it's not the same as before and tbh the car scene has gone downhill, all you see now is car meets with fart cannons.
100%. I cannot stand car shows, been to one since 2008 and that was in the DC5 and it was a complete waste of a day, they are a massive hate of mine lol.

I am on some groups (mainly for parts reasons etc as I am currently pricing up stuff for a few projects) but aside from that and just lurking on various forums I wont be on the scene much again, I am going back to how I prefer it, Trackdays only which I would say is the case for around 70% maybe more of the people I have been around within the scene since the late 90's.