Replacing broken strut bar bolt

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Borrowing this from clubrsx as I couldn't find anything, good DIY guide

interesting, thanks!!
As it happens, I have a snapped bolt in the top of my adjustable camber Meister Rs. Apparently it was done up far too tight and the garage snapped it when trying to adjust. I wonder if I can JB weld another bolt to the remaining bolt in the hole to try and extract it..

jown

Advanced Member
interesting, thanks!!
As it happens, I have a snapped bolt in the top of my adjustable camber Meister Rs. Apparently it was done up far too tight and the garage snapped it when trying to adjust. I wonder if I can JB weld another bolt to the remaining bolt in the hole to try and extract it..
I don't mind using JD weld to hold a bolt in place for the strut brace but because you have a snapped camber bolt I think the best thing to do is drill it out and get a replacement or ask Meister R for the bolt size.

I wouldn't like to see anything fail on you when driving!

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
So there are plenty of other bolts in on the camber adjustment, but this one annoys me. It also means it’s a strut-out job to remove due to lack of access - unless it can be extracted from above. I still think there’s a lack of space anyway so May have to go down the strut removal route.