front tow hook

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
That never went ahead I’m afraid as too many dropped out due to thinking the price was too much.

These are still readily available mate so Baz will get back to you, I’ll message him to say to look out for your message
dude - did you say those front row hooks are still available from Baz?
Could it be installed in front of driver instead of passenger side? Got my beatrush numberplate holder over the other side.. ta!

Lopes3d

That never went ahead I’m afraid as too many dropped out due to thinking the price was too much.

These are still readily available mate so Baz will get back to you, I’ll message him to say to look out for your message
I’ve just been having a look at other options and have ordered an adjustable tow strap, for the money will be a lot cheaper than a fixed tow hook and will just bolt it directly onto the crash bar. Cheers for the help though

carl hammond

Advanced Member
dude - did you say those front row hooks are still available from Baz?
Could it be installed in front of driver instead of passenger side? Got my beatrush numberplate holder over the other side.. ta!
Hi mate yes they are and he told me he has some in stock from memory and yes they can go either side as I too ran a beatrush with mine on.

Drivers side is a little more fiddly due to aircon pipes but doable still

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Hi mate yes they are and he told me he has some in stock from memory and yes they can go either side as I too ran a beatrush with mine on.

Drivers side is a little more fiddly due to aircon pipes but doable still
What sort of price were they?

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
@Carl - did you ever have MOT issues with the front tow hook? Conscious that a fixed hook sticks out a bit and could be considered dangerous to pedestrians etc?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
@Carl - did you ever have MOT issues with the front tow hook? Conscious that a fixed hook sticks out a bit and could be considered dangerous to pedestrians etc?
No mate never had any issues, it sat out as far as my front plate when using the beatrush plate relocator

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Thanks!
I too have a beat rush front numberplate holder, with the hook on the drivers side. I hope it doesn’t cause MOT issues as don’t fancy taking the front bumper off to remove it.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks!
I too have a beat rush front numberplate holder, with the hook on the drivers side. I hope it doesn’t cause MOT issues as don’t fancy taking the front bumper off to remove it.
I never had an issue but some MOT testers can be wombats, should be fine though, can't see any issues or why :)

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Fingers crossed! I have located mine more central to the bumper as it protrudes slightly less there due to bumper shape.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Fingers crossed! I have located mine more central to the bumper as it protrudes slightly less there due to bumper shape.
I had mine there for a while, then passenger side, then drivers side and kept moving it about tbh, middle or just to the side of you have hardly anything protruding