Recent content by ab20000

1. A

High Comp N/A Build Or Turbo

Always amuses me how all Honda forums love turning a standard question into a vs. threads Not a chance in the same conditions on the same track is the DC5 quicker than an R34 - seriously no chance.
  2. A

DC5 vs EP3 questions - dyno standards / stage 1 mods?

Really have to consider the dyno - they can vary so much Same engine IIRC - both got the K20a whereas the UK EP3 had a K20a2
  3. A

DC5 vs EP3 questions - dyno standards / stage 1 mods?

Assuming basic bolt on mods, intake, manifold and exhaust + a tune there will be very little in it at all. Absolute numbers are pointless as on different dynos but same day, same dyno won't be much difference.
  4. A

Dyno Charts!!

@ Dotty - nice graph there mate esp lower down the curve - what have you done to the engine?
  5. A

What cars can the DC5 beat?

Fair point but I would argue that with the same driver over a range of tracks a stock e46 M3 vs a stock DC5 the M3 would win nearly every time. I think what you say raises some really good discussion points though - in stock form the DC5 (and other type r's) are all pretty good on track -...
  6. A

Easy mate - I never said anything about track prep'd cars so not too sure what you are referring to. :unsure: I love my type r's and think they are epic drivers cars - have had three over the years and still have a DC2 now so I'm not anti Honda I just think some of the blinkered views are a...
  7. A

Agreed that on a wet track a rwd car is at a disadvantage but I'm assuming all things like driver are equal otherwise a good driver could easily put a MUCH slower car round a track than 90% of DC5 drivers can put a DC5. Same driver and average across different conditions and a number of cars...
  8. A

Sorry but this is so broad and is simply not true - there are numerous cars with 350bhp that would wipe the floor with a DC5 - I love my type r's but this is just far fetched IMO.
  9. A

Spot on. The 'I want to be faster' attitude going into any trackday - let alone your first - is a danger to yourself and others.
  10. A

Pic request- Evo 8 Alloys

Sod compromising the handling / ride for bloomin wheels - as said in prev post the drive on roads with a lot of camber is awful and the tramlining is dangerous.
  11. A

Guess the BHP!

The mid-range gains here are fantastic - much more than the peak gains. :xcheers:
  12. A

Guess the BHP!

13. A

Whats the best Type-R?

Everyone seems to say fd2 but how many have actually driven one?
  14. A

Interesting induction kit.

Not necessarily - people often go with the popular choices rather than take a chance. I'm still not convinced that the Gruppe M is the best given that the only reason anybody seems to have is 'they just are better' or 'you can just tell' :xconfused: Have no clue re this product mind.
  15. A

Muppet in need of help

What work were you doing on the car?!