Recent content by Altecians

1. Altecians

I need a new shift knob...

Great minds think alike :green: :green: . I've got one too and they are a great weighty shift.
  2. Altecians

Weird starting issue. Any Ideas welcome :)

Sounds like a plan, although if you are correct and it is an issue with the connection, it would certainly be a rare issue. My money is on the starter as its probably the original thats been on the car for 10+ years. Let us know how you get on.
  3. Altecians

Up to you and your budget, although I'd imagine reconditioned starters would be more difficult to find compared to more commonly reconditioned items like alternators. I needed one in a hurry at the time and ended up with a blueprint k24 starter :xredface:... I ended up having to flip the...
  4. Altecians

Sounds like its the starter. I had mine work intermittently until one day it just gave up.
  5. Altecians

Replacement Cat on Mugen exhaust manifold

Im on the Mugen manifold as well, glad you found a proper fix to this with a " euro 4 spec 200 CEL cat " . Will be looking at getting one retro fitted in the near future. Would be curious to see if there was any loss in power or flow.
  6. Altecians

What is this part?

If its snapped you can easily delete it. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=773791
  7. Altecians

Anyone daily a plated diff?

Well then I'd say you are about half way there if noise doesnt bother you! It will be a different car if you are quite use to how the car tells you it's limits in the corners. Bear in mind you will have to service these diffs with regular oil changes.
  8. Altecians

Recaro seat repair

Here is a great guide I followed when replacing the bolster on my driver's seat. https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?58539-How-to-replace-DC5-Recaro-seat-bolster-%28guide%29
  9. Altecians

Anyone daily a plated diff?

Just to add 2 cents here. I've got a plated diff in mine and was dailying it before it went into storage. I didn't have any of the juddering or clunking at all with regular driving but the change in grip was very noticeable xthumbsup . If the noise is what concerns you I'd suggest having a...
  10. Altecians

Mugen Bumper cover Type R sticker

Keep it off =P . Are you going to add the optional canards?
  11. Altecians

New Guy!

Welcome, best of luck with the search. Also Sopranos fan? haha
  12. Altecians

Mugen Bumper cover Type R sticker

iirc regular type R badge
  13. Altecians

New owner from Canada

Looks great!
  14. Altecians

Why is everyone selling up?

Never selling. I get to drive my Integra 2 weeks of the year but it certainly has been allowing me to collect parts I want on it. The turnover isnt anything new,Still see a lot of the same "old guard" on here.
  15. Altecians

MFactory helical LSD?

If the question is whether or not to upgrade it, I vote yes. I upgraded to a plated 1.1 Diff last year and it's a different animal now- for the better. Standard disclaimers: How you drive the car, be prepared to routinely service the oil and bear in mind the possibility of rebuilding it one day.