Recent content by ATC

1. ATC

How much kangaroo jumping is okay?

Yeh, seems normal to me - had it in other cars too - the shorter the first gear (and these cars are very short) the worse the issue... which makes sense really - the revs drop so fast when decelerating that it's quite a job for the IAC to "catch" it and prevent the stall without some change in...
  2. ATC

How much kangaroo jumping is okay?

Can't say I've ever noticed much tbh... I guess a very small amount in 1st when it's cold, but it's more of a single "jump" as the IAC system takes over rather than multiple kangarooing actions
  3. ATC

Gloucestershire Tegs

I'm a bit north and east in Warwickshire. Sometimes end up Cheltenham direction for drives (chipping campton, moreton-in-marsh etc)
  4. ATC

Side indicator

Got a set of "oem" clears which I took out of mine if you do want to replace like for like - I assume these are the same on FL? Pretty sure they're identical to EP3 and accord side lights, so you might have more look searching for those. I've certainly seen "flush" and LED ones about
  5. ATC

Cambers

I have hardrace camber arms (I believe) - no issue whatsoever. I've not come across the japspeed ones, but pillowball arms are likely to give a harsher ride compared to a rubber bush, as effectively it's rigidly mounted to the body.
  6. ATC

Alloy refurb in championship white

I seem to remember being told that it's all about bake times/temperatures to get powder coat to match, so can be hit and miss. These guys do alloy wheel painting in Coventry: http://www.autobodyworx.co.uk/component/content/category/78-auto-bodyworx-main.html I had my spoiler sprayed by them on...
  7. ATC

Acura rsx headlights

As far as I know, no, it won't work. Being reflector units the beam pattern is entirely defined by the reflector housing, so will have a different design for left and right hand drive cars. While I'm sure it'd bolt up and look fine, I expect you'd end up with a lot of dazzled drivers. Any...
  8. ATC

Electrical Issues - Battery Drain

Afraid not much useful to help, I hate all things electrical. Is there an aftermarket alarm fitted to the car? My suspicion would be something to do with the wiring of that, or perhaps it just draws a lot of current. I had a tracker on an old car which it came with. Battery used to drain...
  9. ATC

Alignment Query - Caster & drifting to one side

Generally alignment shops are pretty good, especially if you've not put many miles on it - TGM are probably better than most, and given your other business and likely future trips I would hazard a guess they'd be happy to look into it, especially given the dodgy readings you've got on the print...
  10. ATC

Yeh - stock caster is at most about 2 degrees. If genuinely everything is new and not broken, the only possible explanation is that something went wrong during the geo on the measurement boards (e.g. they might have got knocked or not been set properly) - this would lead to car being setup to...
  11. ATC

Very surprised to see such a big castor change - usually you only see that much castor after the castor increase bushes or similar. Judging from your build thread and the orientation of the top-mounts I wouldn't expect a huge dependence on camber either, as the adjustment slots appear to run...
  12. ATC

How to - Invisible Stone Chip Repair

Thanks for all the positive feedback - glad it'll give some of you some ideas I was so worried when I first tried it - especially as it looked like it changed the colour of my paint - turned out the whole car just needed a polish. Key is to sand as little as possible and apply very little...
  13. ATC

How to - Invisible Stone Chip Repair

Having attempted this a couple of times on my Integra now, and recently picked up a couple more chips for the collection, I thought it'd be worth documenting my process for repairing stone chips and giving you an (almost) invisible result, especially having seen a few members of the facebook...
  14. ATC

Dc5 for sale?

Keep an eye out in the "for sale section" of the forum - you'll probably have most success with that. I think there's a "buying guide" for things to look out for in there too - that's well worth a read if you haven't already. Good luck with your search anyhow, they're great cars.
  15. ATC

NEW FORUM STICKERS

Think I agree with both the above. I like the design, but it somehow looks a bit busy when on the car itself. It could just be an overall size thing. ...so not particularly constructive but I'm struggling to put my finger on exactly what it is that it needs right now. I've done a fair bit of...