Recent content by athenian

1. A

Rota fighter vs JR5

They look so good! Gave him a follow, lovely DC5.
  2. A

Rota fighter vs JR5

Just had a look on his page, they look great! I want to avoid the stretched look, do you have any pictures of your fronts with 235/45?
  3. A

Rota fighter vs JR5

Mind sharing any pictures? Are you not scrubbing on the inside arch during full lock or hard cornering? 235 but what profile tyre? Sorry for the questions, just trying to find out all my options before I order anything and end up unsatisfied with my option!
  4. A

Rota fighter vs JR5

This fitment looks perfect! I looked at the 9J version, I think offset is 50 but when used willtheyfit, it said the wheels sit 15mm closer to the strut which I felt like I'll run into problems, do you know where I could find the owner to ask, perhaps an instagram page?
  5. A

Rota fighter vs JR5

I can't find your build thread :( I was told by someone running them on his DC5 that he had to remove his front arch liners, something I am not planning on doing as it's a daily! Were yours off? did you experience any scrubbing while you had them on?
  6. A

Rota fighter vs JR5

What size are those rotas? They look more concaved than the ones I am looking to get 17x8j et48, how did they fit? Those JR7's look spot on now!
  7. A

Rota fighter vs JR5

I am aware both are copies etc etc but I can't justify paying 2-3k for rays and i've done my research and the wheels I am contemplating and haven't seen many if any horror stories. So wheels are: Rota fighters 17x8 ET48 (would run 225/45/17 tyres) Vs JR5 17x8.5 ET35 (235/45/17) I haven't seen...
  8. A

Voltage drops

So I replaced my alternator nearly a year ago but recently I've been monitoring the voltage and I have noticed that occasionally while im driving, my volts would be 12.2v-12.3v and once I get to 4k revs and above then the volts go back to the 13v+ this also happens when I am in gear and let off...
  9. A

Ulez tax and living in london

Sounds good, please do let us know if you find anything. I was thinking to contact you guys to see whether you know anything, I imported my DC5 2 years ago from you.
  10. A

Ulez tax and living in london

Just to confirm, you managed to get tfl to exempt you from ULEZ? What reg is your car and what tax band has it been imported as? My car initially was exempt from ULEZ but I've double checked again after this post and now it isn't which I find that weird. I have a Y reg (2001) DC5 recorded as...
  11. A

Yellowspeed ROAD Coilovers

The only difference between the "road" and Area' "track" spec is the rear spring rate. The road version comes with 8kg rear springs and the track 16kg, putting that aside they are exactly identical.
  12. A

Bad fuel economy

It's only done 47k mileage but it may possibly be that, thank you! Is there any way to check the primary o2 before i go and buy a replacement?
  13. A

Eibach wheel spacers - price too good to be true?

Do you have any pictures with them on? Are you lowered and did you need to roll the arches? I am considering getting 20mm spacers all around but wondering if I will need to roll the arches as my car is lowered.
  14. A

Bad fuel economy

Thats what I found strange.. on eml. You may be right regarding the o2 sensors, is there anyway to check they arent faulty? Then again surely a faulty o2 would throw the eml on. Sounds like i'll need to remap it sooner than I was planning, I wanted to change to rbc before a remap.
  15. A

Bad fuel economy

I know ultimately mapping it is the way forward (which I will do once funds allow) but I was wondering in case anything else is playing up as I have no eml with decat