Recent content by barrymcgrath

1. B

Coilover Query/Help

Cheers Raz man... Im in the west of ireland... Honda here are in the dark ages i think... Who knows... I might make a trip over to tgm in the coming months... Hear all good things about them on this... Im thinking of going back to standard suspension, or using the tein top mounts for the...
  2. B

Coilover Query/Help

Wel mate... He said there was a european version integra, which i took to be an is dc5... I didnt check it up... He said the steering rack sits at a different height, thus wearing my rack when i used the teins.. Sounds hairy i know.. Ya i got my rack on wednesday, getting it in early next...
  3. B

4 point harness

C & S Evo..... How long have you been involved with dc5's.... Credit to you, you are a walking encyclopedia.... I hope you get commission from these shops/dealers.... :)
  4. B

Coilover Query/Help

This is one for the Tech people of the site.... Story is my DC5 came in from Japan with Ohlins Coilovers.. Eventually the bearing in the top mount (front left) went. I, like an idiot drove for some time on them afterwards. Dont know if its related, but eventually had to do the bottom ball...
  5. B

J's Racing ETD

Yea my RSR is only recently after going... The shaft broke inside... Was getting mad vibrations when i was taking off from a standstill... Once rolling I heard no more.... Must get the finger out and get another one.... How did you find the J's one before it failed...?
  6. B

help my new dc5 has broken down!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dont throw away those keys just yet, and definitely advise against filling the door locks.... So mate, have you got the car back yet..? Hope its all sorted for you...
  7. B

help my new dc5 has broken down!

Ya but what happens if you lose or break the remote..... :shock: Or if your car battery goes dead.....
  8. B

Need info on removing air con PLEASE...!

Cheers for input C&S, but I wont be entering the WRC or LeMans anytime soon.... Mine is a road car, not a track car... Only time air con comes on is when i select the heater to defog my windscreen, and i immediately turn it off anyway... I live in Ireland, and certainly dont need aircon... I...
  9. B

Hi all.... Me and my DC5...

Ha ha, priceless... Thats the most garda cars ive seen in a chase.... Funny stuff.... Wasn't you by any chance..... :) Only joking.... Go on the dc2.... Cheers Phil.. Took delivery of the new rad today.... Looks the part... Getting it in this evening hopefully if the piece it sits in can be...
  10. B

Haha ha.. To Jay... Just spotted integrastella in that link... Thats good... Thats who I ordered the 2nd hand rack off... It was well priced, and delivery too... Great guy to deal with.... Small world.... :)
  11. B

Cheers for info lads... I may get a new one in a few months... Will have to wait till sometime in the new year tho... Will search for Dave if i am.. Thanks... Im from Limerick, bout 20 mins from the city.. And to Jay, yes all knifes have been removed from my house... Im thinking I should stay...
  12. B

Cheers dude... Thats what im thinking too... Dont need air con in ireland for sure... :) All thats left is the pump now, just need to find the right belt for the alternator and its gone... Less weight and more air getting to my new aluminium rad.... It has to be a plus... :D
  13. B

Cheers mate.. Ya im in ireland... Parts for it here are just mental from honda... They want 1600 for the rack... Im taking a chance on a 2nd hand one from a 03 with standard suspension.. Mine is a 02... When I put in the teins it looked like they altered the angle of the steer bars.. But they...
  14. B

Hi all... Was unlucky last weekend and had a tip in my car.... (details are in DC5 Chat...) I damaged the air con rad, among other things, and decided I want it out anyway, as I did so in my ek9 before.. (someone else did when I got it tuned) Just want to know if anyone has done this... Will I...
  15. B

Hi people.. Been a member for ages, but not great with these things.. Lack the patience..... So Ive been in love with these cars since I first saw one a few years back... Took me 2 years to get one, ie the money and insurance.. (car finance is a load of shite, avoid if possible... :shock: )...