Recent content by bud

1. bud

Not really enjoying my DC5 :( ......

The whole Type R ownership can be very up and down at times. You love it one day and hate it the next. DC5 as a daily driver it can drive you nuts sometimes but its not until you have a quick B road blast your realise what special cars these are (especially the DC5). I do 20 miles a day on the...
  2. bud

Couple issues...Slight loss of control when accelerating hard

The tugging and pulling would be the LSD if your flooring it around a corner Have you ever driven a car with an Slip diff? If the car has AD08 they are going to be quite skippy in the wet and in the dry they are going to offer a good amount of grip which would be quite hard to break traction...
  3. bud

Knock Sensor Fault After Re-map

187 ftlbs of torque Thats very impressive from them mods. Some JRSC DC5/ EP3 get only get 190 - 195 with FI
  4. bud

Greenlight

I might have to give Greenlight a go. I never really shop around but looking at some of the quotes above they seem pretty reasonable
  5. bud

Primary O2 Sensor

Yeah if you have a toda mani then the post cat sensor will flag up a error code but i wouldn't worry about that. If the primary sensor is damaged i would replace it asap. Will lead to poor performance and poor MPG
  6. bud

Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

I backed out of both due to the winter coming. Ended going with conti Sport contact 5s. Think ill treat myself to some AD08's in the summer
  7. bud

Custom VS Spoon Setup

I had a solid Fab custom 3inch system on my Turbo'd EP3. Was well worth the money, i would say yes as your running forced induction. Only thing is its going to be stupid loud without any silencers, i would have one silencer still
  8. bud

Loudest cat back exhaust ~£600

Spec 2 you cant get for the DC5. Lol Removing the silence makes a HUGE diffrence in terms on noise, you might regret it :xking: Had it on my old EP3 minus the charger. Had to swap back :xgrin:
  9. bud

Currently Unmodified dc5

Serious money involved turbo charging an integra I personally think the best route would be for you to do the basic modifications first, race header, hondata (k100 or Kpro), RBC and it will honestly fill like a new car and then if you do crave more power get a JRSC There's only a certain...
  10. bud

First true failure!

I thought i had one of the highest mileage ones at 122k but 200k! wow just goes to show how great these K20 are.
  11. bud

brentacre

I'm with Brentacre, just had my renewal through the post, £150 cheaper than last year Highly recommended, great service and competitive rates
  12. bud

Help with purchasing a DC5

Don't let the higher mileage ones put you of mate. As long as it been well looked after and has all the history to back it up I would go for one My DC5 is on 121,000 miles (yes miles) and still drives like a dream
  13. bud

Post up your mileage of your DC5

51 plate 120,700 miles
  14. bud

Tegiwa manifold

Buddy club is a 1 piece manifold as is Toda/Tegiwa Spoon and J's racing are a 2 piece (Can be used with Cat im pretty sure)
  15. bud

Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

I think im going to ask uncle tom See how much he can supply both tyres and what he thinks