Recent content by Cennix1

1. Cennix1

Normal temperature range?

I found it sat steady around 4/10 or so of the way up, that barely changed whether it was town driving, motorway driving, or even if I was giving it some on B roads.
  2. Cennix1

Selling a high miler - tips

I'd recommend putting it in miles for starters in the ad. Most buyers aren't used to seeing cars advertised in KM, so I would imagine they are often put off by the sheer size of the number even though it's in KM. I for one am not a big fan of buying high mileage cars either, but only because of...
  3. Cennix1

Adrian Flux Renewal quote

I got my first year with Admiral, on black box for the first 3 months LOL... (they gave me money back for "driving smoothly"). After that I went to Brentacre and at 23 with 4 years NCB it was £900 or so. My brother uses as well to insure both his S14 and a Saab 9-3 daily, he fished around a...
  4. Cennix1

Wheel opinion

I'd usually say the Rotas but I think those Advans go particularly well with the red
  5. Cennix1

*** NEW DC5 OWNER ***

I'm with Brentacre, found them to be cheaper than Greenlight and Adrian Flux but not sure if my age plays a part in that as I'm a bit younger than most owners.
  6. Cennix1

The DC5 - a dry weather car only?

I rarely ever push it in the rain, but I do have decent tyres for it and I did give it a try once on good roads I was comfortable with and it was actually quite good. I lost a bit of time in the power band considering the extra time needed for acceleration/braking. Perhaps that affects the DC5...
  7. Cennix1

Tyre width and tread query

I was just speaking from hearing a friends experience. He was in an accident and the insurance tried to pull a fast blaming the tyres. Seemed stupid to me too, anyway I asked him yesterday and he told me they backed down pretty fast anyway so never mind. This thread is making me want to...
  8. Cennix1

Tyre width and tread query

My initial thought is that on a FWD car there wouldn't be much difference. Having said that have you considered your insurance potentially kicking up a fuss if something happens?
  9. Cennix1

Trialled headlight polish

I had this problem last year, I kept trying to polish them up but within weeks they'd be bad again. I bit the bullet and bought new. After selling the old ones off it set me back £250 as Tegiwa had a discount on. It completely reinvigorated the car and I don't regret it for a moment.
  10. Cennix1

MOT fail. Headlamp aim wrong

Don't know where you're based, but I have a spare set of OEM D2R bulbs you could try out if you are near Leicester, could save you buying new bulbs if it's not the problem.
  11. Cennix1

MOT fail. Headlamp aim wrong

There's a phillips screw just by the indicator light, turning it adjusts the height of the headlight beam, don't know if that's what you mean?
  12. Cennix1

Flat battery.

Mine went in late 2016. as soon as the cold weeks hit the battery went from starting every time to dead in 2 days even after a good charge. Replaced it and no problems through 2 winters since even after 2 weeks between starts. It's probably just time to replace it, they're pretty tiny as far as...
  13. Cennix1

Another oil thread...

Thanks for explaining that Josh, always wondered but never bothered to look it up! At least now I know I've got the right stuff in for sure :)
  14. Cennix1

New DC5 Owner.. Sooner than expected!

Welcome to the club! :) face-lift is not my cup of tea but it looks great still!
  15. Cennix1

Grinding noise at 3k RPM

This might help if you haven't already seen it https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?75254-Vibration-rattling-noise-at-3-4k-Drive-shaft-heat-shield