Recent content by cfoster

1. cfoster

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

All I did this weekend with her is drive through the snow to get back home last night!! Happily though the car behaved really well, good old Dunlop SPs!! Just got this to clean off today!!! :
  2. cfoster

DC5 purchasing

I'm on my third teg and have bought all three from forum members! Doing this allows you to track its recent history, any posts the user puts up with possible probs, plus you get a general feel about how well the car has or hasnt been looked after. Cheap plug but I am selling both my cars so...
  3. cfoster

Thinking of selling up, will I regret it?

I've had an S2k, 2 350z's and on my third DC5, all of them great cars in different ways. Personally I would disregard the S2K. I did like it but very small inside, a bit of a handful in the wet, and just as much fun as a DC5. I loved both my 350z's, had a kuro black and an azure blue one...
  4. cfoster

Offering our special car insurance scheme on here.

Do you offer multi car insurance as both my DC5 and Merc (SL500) are up for renewal next month? Cheers
  5. cfoster

DC5 carpet removal.....

Will get some tomorrow for you all, just put it in the garage now. Oddly enough someone in the sky mustve been listening to me, turned the car on this morning and the blimmin stereo isnt giving any audio out, well only a faint noise when its at full volume. Checked everything today wiriing...
  6. cfoster

DC5 carpet removal.....

Just a small update, got most of the install done today, far easier than I thought. Running fresh speaker cable through the door was VERY easy, not more than a few mins per side. USed a wire coathanger first to get through the gromit then taped the new speaker cable onto it and pulled it back...
  7. cfoster

DC5 carpet removal.....

Running the cables through the existing gromits isn't too bad, just a few sore knuckles but its ok!! Definitely worth doing it, then mount the crossover (from the components) behind the dash, my tweeters are on my dash. WIll take some photos if I remember when doing it! With regards to head...
  8. cfoster

DC5 carpet removal.....

Yup the full thing, I have a bit of thrown in system at the moment but recently bought a couple of sub boxes that are moulded into the back corners of the boot. Rather than mount the amps in the boot / on the back of the rear seats (I often put the seats down to carry large items as its my...
  9. cfoster

DC5 carpet removal.....

Excellent guys thank you (particularly David!!). I've had the seats out before on my old DC5 so comfortable with that. Main reason is for my audio system, done many fairly large installs in the past including an SPL install in a van so I know exactly how I intend to run the cables etc...
  10. cfoster

DC5 carpet removal.....

Hi all, I am hoping to get the carpet out of my DC5 and run my audio cables neatly and seperated. I'm ripping out my boot build and installing them under each front seat. Whats the easiest way of getting the carpet out, is it a case of removing front seats (4 bolts on each I presume?)...
  11. cfoster

What colour to wrap my dc5?!

The Matt Blue vinyl is really nice, the leaflet from my supplier had an Audi A3 in that blue and it looked fantastic! Problem is i'm not a fan of blue DC5s and this would be too similar to that!
  12. cfoster

A few donks.... which bush?!

Thanks for the link, as you say for that money silly not to, another job on the list for when i'm back from travelling!
  13. cfoster

Body wrapping

cheers, she was a beaut, originally red then wrapped it white, then black!!
  14. cfoster

Body wrapping

Take a look at 3M Satin Black, its a mixture of matt/gloss and a lot more durable/scratch resistant. Here is the colour on my old S4: I've seen a couple of cars the US with boot/roof wraps only done and l kinda like it.... bit different :)
  15. cfoster

What colour to wrap my dc5?!

havent 100% decided but tempted to try a Hexis range of vinyl, only ever used this vinyl the once and was 'ok', although not as easy as 3M. I'm off to Singapore tomorrow for a couple of weeks so won't sort anything until i'm back, plus I need to finish an Audi A3 wrap and do an X5 (in white -...