Recent content by ChesterJSY

1. ChesterJSY

Wiper jets not working

It sounds like your washer motor is working ok if you have tested it. There are two washer pump motors in the bottle, front /rear so check both ! If the washer pump motor is working but you have no water coming through, the easiest way to check if water is flowing to the pipe is to disconnect...
  2. ChesterJSY

Alternators

I priced one up the other day with my very helpful local Honda dealer. Honda part number is 31100-PRB-003 but it is unavailable at the moment with no eta. The price was £542.67 so will be looking for an aftermarket one too !! The description says (CJX68 - Denso) if that helps.
  3. ChesterJSY

2021 Trackdays - Who's doing what?

Managed to finally get two track days in last week, was so happy to be back on track again. First one was at Goodwood and then got on the ferry to France and did a track day near Nantes at the circuit de Loire atlantique. Car was fantastic and held up well against a lot more powerful cars...
  4. ChesterJSY

2021 Trackdays - Who's doing what?

Hopefully Le Mans, Maison Blanche and Bugatti circuits end of July if restrictions allow
  5. ChesterJSY

Tires for the track

Splash the cash or save up for some R888R's. I can only tell you that once you have used these on a track over AD08's you will instantly know why they are better! The grip and confidence you get are night and day.
  6. ChesterJSY

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Took the Teg for its annual outing from Jersey to Le Mans for a track day on the Bugatti and Maison Blanche circuits. Amazing tracks such a great feeling driving up the pit straight and going under the famous Dunlop bridge. Really cracking couple of days on track with some great cars and a good...
  7. ChesterJSY

Bug Remover

Baby wipes! No joke, works fantastic.
  8. ChesterJSY

Toyo or bridgestone?

Can't comment on the RE070's but have run the T1R's and wasn't impressed with them. They have a soft side wall and you can really feel the roll on the tyre, the edges also wear due to the sidewalls being not very stiff. I moved onto the toyo 888's and the difference is very noticeable. Have had...
  9. ChesterJSY

Rear Brakes

OEM discs and ferodo DS2500's to match what's up front, very pleased with them. I wore out a set of standard rear pads on 2 track days so bought new discs and new pads and not looked back.
  10. ChesterJSY

Excessive rear pad wear on track

I run ds2500s on the front and also had the same issue recently with the std rears wearing quickly. Seemed only to be an issue on 1 particular circuit (Maison Blanche at Le Mans) where there is 2 very hard braking sessions from 120mph to around 30 for hairpins, I stayed out for a few too many...
  11. ChesterJSY

centre caps

Part number for the genuine Honda centre caps CAP ALUMINIUM WHEEL CENTRE (NH0 CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE) - 44732-S6M-Z00ZA
  12. ChesterJSY

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ , Possible closure of forum

It would be a real blow if the forum had to shut down. I was lucky enough to find my Teg from this forum and the info/knowledge sharing of the members are fantastic. I am more of a watcher but enjoy following updates from fellow Teg owners. It has become a way of life! I really hope a...
  13. ChesterJSY

Engine bay cleaning.

I would agree with gaza4 on his suggestion. I also use the autoglym clean machine, use a flexi toothbrush for those hard to reach areas, wash off and smother in autoglym vinyl and rubber care and leave to dry.... You can leave it as in for a wet look or rub lightly with a microfiber cloth for a...
  14. ChesterJSY

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

This weekend I took my Teg on a little holiday to Le Mans to try out the new Toyo R888R's :xvtec: Car was fantastic, did the Maison Blanche and Bugatti circuits both awesome, so much grip from the new 888's. I used to run the old 888's and the new ones are so much better, less road noise, very...
  15. ChesterJSY

Trackdays

Hi aarona10, I have been involved with track days for over 10 years and can assure you that you are not alone in thinking you'll be holding everyone up as a first timer. It is probably the most frequent question we get asked! The most important thing to remember is that it is a track day not a...