Recent content by chrex

1. chrex

Favorite wax?

The Dodo Juice range works for me. Poorboys polish and glaze, then a couple of coats of the relevant Dodo Juice wax. Hard waxes in winter, soft in the summer. Greatresults - dead easy to use. Although this Nivowax is appealing to me...but i keep panel pots of Dodo Juice for when i detail...
  2. chrex

DC5 going tomorrow...

Cheers lads. It went to the new owner in the midlands on Friday so hopefully he enjoys it as much as i have. The V70R is great to be fair, a new challenge to get involved in and yes porthos, very similar to the 850 T5R :) pretty much the same car to be fair, just doesnt quite look as good...
  3. chrex

DC5 going tomorrow...

Exactly why this forum is awesome! xthumbup cheers man!
  4. chrex

DC5 going tomorrow...

Well i've found a buyer for my DC5 and it's going tomorrow if all goes to plan. I'm sat here tonight looking at pics of it and i am really going to miss it! :( I can't bring mysef to put a towbar on it though, so it can't stay unfortunately. Being replaced with a V70R, but i know that driving...
  5. chrex

Think the DC5 is going to have to move on...

So, i've been thinking over the last couple of weeks that i need to stop spending so much money on my cars and as im getting married and moving down to Wales next year, as well as wanting to get back into my sailing properly again - the DC5 just isnt suitable for me anymore :( I will likely be...
  6. chrex

Hardrace reverse tie rod ends

Yea im hoping that this end of sept date holds out...just waiting on them really for the coilovers to be sorted.
  7. chrex

Steering Rack Issues - Advice Needed

Hardrace sell both standard and uprated track rod ends :) bout £50 if i remember right. Give Jono of RE spirit a message and he will sort you out
  8. chrex

Gearbox parts

How much milage has it done? Bearings all sound okay, no noticable whines or notchiness that may suggest synchros or bearings are on their way out?
  9. chrex

Bonnet dampers

Definitely fancy a set - had them on my old corsa and they were great. Meant you culd half-crack the bonnet too which is good for shows!
  10. chrex

One of my gbox mount bolts is knackered

Yea I can see some thread at the bottom that could be used so that's a possibility. Will have a play
  11. chrex

Gearbox Bearing Failure

Nothing to do with gearboxes is easy though is it :( I'm just gonna go easy on it now i think, drive it like my nan and not give it a booting anywhere. It's not going to see much mileage in the next month anyways so that's some money saved on fuel to go in the pot. I'm sure Andy will say - 'oh...
  12. chrex

Gearbox Bearing Failure

Well - today i really noticed that my box is whining its tits off. :( It has definitely gotten worse recently and it's defo the box as when the car is idling and the clutch is pressed in, the noise disappears. Release the clutch and it comes back. Not happy as i'm gonna have to poss look at a...
  13. chrex

Champ white - anyone had any dramas with sprays?

No...but its worth the hassle to look good ;)
  14. chrex

Bridgestone RE002, are these new tyres?

castor is the angle between the top and bottom of the suspension basicly. From the strut top to the ball joint. The Dc5 runs a fair bit as standard from what I remember and all it basicly does is increase camber actively through a bend. As you increase castor to a point it makes the car turn in...