Recent content by ChrisMcC

1. C

Friendly MOT somewhere in the midlands

Hello all, Been a few years since I posted. What with the lockdown last year, I let my DC5's MOT slip and just SORN'ed the car instead. I just phoned the place I've been using for years as I am really missing having the Integra on the road and they are closing down unfortunately, so I was...
  2. C

Thank you to Kyle'87

I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say thank you to Kyle'87. This guy is a gent. I posted in the wanted section for an OEM B pipe, Kyle offered me his and when I asked how much he would like for it, he said no charge at all, just happy to help out another owner, so I made the trip...
  3. C

Exhaust options to quieten the car down a touch

Cheers All, appreciate the replies. I think having just driven a friends DC5 with the rm01a, it looks like a nice option, near stock when driven normally, with a little more noise up the revs.
  4. C

Thanks for all the replies. Chewy I have to say, I originally had an n1 mated to the OEM pipe, but the pipe corroded at the bolts so I put the Spoon b pipe on and was shocked at how loud and droney the whole system became. IMO the b pipe makes more difference than the back box, but it might be...
  5. C

Hello All, I currently have the tegiwa manifold, spoon b-pipe and n1 (along with the other usual bits - tegiwa induction, rbc, k100 etc) I'm finding it's all a bit much noise/drone wise for me and I'm looking to quieten everything down, or really just try and get rid of the droning and booming...
  6. C

J's Racing 60r

Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated. The fitment with regards melting the bumper is bothering me quite a lot if I'm honest, I did not really want to have to cut part of the bumper away. I'm wondering if enough adjustments could still be made with the hangers to get a good looking...
  7. C

J's Racing 60r

Hello All, I am considering swapping out my Spoon n1 for a J's Racing 60r and I have a couple of questions. I have heard it mentioned that the quality and fitment is poor, could anyone comment? Should I get the J's hangers to go with the exhaust and might this be the reason people have...
  8. C

First remap k100 - anything I need to be aware of?

I wholeheartedly agree with Ry. I have used Romain and I have used Will @ RDT. Romain took just over one hour to map the car and achieved 231 bhp peak, Will took the entire day and achieved 241 bhp with exactly the same car, properly mapped from scratch across all tables. There was about...
  9. C

Aftermarket exhaust manifold and sooty bumper?

Thanks all. Getting it done as soon as a remap date is available. Chris.
  10. C

Thanks Guys. Donald do you use an aftermarket manifold and are you finding some deposits on your car more at the bumper side since fitting? How many miles would it take to start actually being noticeable, where the colour of the bumper starts to go off, say from 6 feet away? I realise that's...
  11. C

Hello Guys, I wanted to ask anyone who has replaced the OEM exhaust manifold with an aftermarket piece (that also removes the catalytic converter), are you now getting any significant soot build up on your bumper as a result? I currently have on my car: K100 Tegiwa Carbon Intake RBC inlet...
  12. C

DC5 bodywork

Thanks Max, very helpful to read. I'll give the chap a call and see what he thinks.
  13. C

DC5 bodywork

Hello Guys, I have been uhhming and ahhing for a while about whether to have two smallish carpark dings removed from the door and rear quarter of my DC5. The thing that is stopping me is the thin metal on Hondas - well more specifically, my experiences with the metal on my old DC2... :( At the...
  14. C

FAO Coyote DC5

Thanks mate, I'll PM you ;)
  15. C

FAO Coyote DC5

Hello mate, I was wondering if you are available to receive a PM from me as I was informed you were not able to receive any more PM's when I just tried to message you. I was just curious about something on your car and wanted to ask ;) I can also ask in this thread of course if you don't mind...