Recent content by civic17_99

1. civic17_99

Why is everyone selling up?

Yeah that would be me bud. Feel free to look I'm sure you'll see everything you need. [emoji4]
  2. civic17_99

Why is everyone selling up?

That will be mine :) she's a stunning car to be honest. I think the only thing that's putting people off a little is the mileage. But everything has been done, i have so much paper work for it. I've owned the car for nearly 9 years now so all the miles have been put on by me.
  3. civic17_99

Pistonheads feature - who's famous??

Exactly what I thought. My Red ones for sale on Pistonheads they could've picked that.
  4. civic17_99

Cam chain change

Had my chain, tensioner and guides changed at TGM after 100k miles just for peace of mind really. Tom said it was changed for the FD2 parts as Honda improved the design.
  5. civic17_99

Fitting new DC5 Side Bolster

I had a new bolster fitted and the original fabric went over the new bolster perfectly fine.
  6. civic17_99

Turbo Dc5 review.

I've seen a few of that guy's reviews now, your car looks ballistic though. :xgrin:
  7. civic17_99

Bushing refresh /energy polybush kit

I think Hard Race sell a lot of replacement bushes also. Might be worth checking those out too.
  8. civic17_99

Toda Exhaust Rattle

I forgot to update this but i did get my rattle sorted. Took my car to Hayward and Scott who diagnosed a small rattle from the centre section and a small one from the rear. They quickly resolved it with a quick weld inside which stopped what ever it was that was rattling. They didn't need to...
  9. civic17_99

False alarm (Wasn't the oil light)

My oil pressure sensor failed and it caused the oil light to come on very dim shortly after starting the car. Tom at TGM diagnosed it as a failed sensor after i had the car recovered there. He said he's not seen one go before, then a week after someone else had the same issue.
  10. civic17_99

False alarm (Wasn't the oil light)

Mine did exactly the same thing, once it flashed a few times after sitting in traffic for ages when pulling on to the motorway in 5th then again one day on the way to work. So i went back to Romain and he said that it could just be engine noise. I'm still running the standard cat so he took a...
  11. civic17_99

Holy Grail of Exhausts - What's yours?

Currently have the Toda, was the one i always wanted.
  12. civic17_99

Toda advice

I guess something like a Toda Exhaust or a Fujitsubo RM01a or Mugen Twin loop are all the quieter exhaust's available for the DC5. One of those mated to the Toda manifold would certainly be quieter than what you have already. That's only going from what i've seen in the past from what others...
  13. civic17_99

Where does your DC5 originate from?

I'm still trying to figure out where mine's from. I've got quite a bit of Jap paper work with mine including the Verno suede folder with the business cards in. Also have a sticker in there which i can't work out what that's for either. I think this last one is some kind of paperwork...
  14. civic17_99

New to the forum

Car looks great, welcome along :)
  15. civic17_99

removing swirl marks on NHB colour

I've used Meguiars Microfibre cutting pad with the pink cutting compound they sell to go with them. Found that to work very well at removing swirls, gives a great finish as well.