Recent content by creation

1. C

Popping out of 3rd gear

On my DC5 it'll occasionly pop out of 3rd gear, this will almost always happen when off the power, typically when coming up to a roundabout, when it does this it doesn't fully pop out and if I try and accelerate I get a grinding noise. I have had this problem for over a year now, I did change...
  2. C

I need to break into my car!

Good news, I managed to get into it, I got under the car and reached up to the battery and pulled my amp power cable a bit as it has a bit of slack. I then get it and managed to power the car with jump leads from that. :)
  3. C

Yeah maybe, does't help that the car is in a tiny garage and it'll be hard to get underneath it :xaiweb3:
  4. C

Good shout. Don't think you can get to the starter motor underneath on these car's think they sit on top, otherwise i'd of used the main power feed wire. Does it matter which positive wire or can it be any positive?
  5. C

I put my DC5 in the garage for a few weeks while I took my other car out to sell. The car has now sold so I now need the DC5 out again. The problem I have is the battery has gone flat, which isn't usually a problem with most cars, but the car has previously had the lock changed in the ignition...
  6. C

SRS light on

Thanks for the link, ill give that guide a go. I have checked the connector and it hasn't come loose. I checked that the seats are ok in the DC5 and they use the same connector.
  7. C

SRS light on

My SRS light has come on my car when driving. I have recently changed my seats to EP3 Recaro premier seats, could this why the SRS light has now come one? I did plug the drivers seat into the wiring connector under the seat.
  8. C

Ramair intake

I was asking for advice primarily cause I wanted to know how it sounds as that's the main reason for me wanting one. I am aware it's not the ideal design, but like I said I can adapt the design to improve it if I wanted to. I think for a foam element to melt then the car must have serious...
  9. C

Ramair intake

I am aware how induction works and that the colder air is better. I have used cone filters on other cars in the past such as my FTO and never noticed a negative impact on performance. The filter does come with a heat shield, but with it being an 'open' shield it probably won't do that much to...
  10. C

Ramair intake

I am looking at getting the below induction kit. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ramair-Intake-Induction-Air-Filter-Kit-Honda-Civic-EP3-Type-R-With-Heatshield/271881684259?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 Has anyone got one and what do they think of it. I know it's for an...
  11. C

Fitting FN2 type r seats in DC5

Yes pal, I know the seats you mean. How easy is it too get the premier ep3 seats so fit?
  12. C

New DC5 Owner

Thanks Sam for the list of options, I don't live too far away from Demon Tweeks, so if I were to get a custom exhaust i'd go there. As for the induction kits I don't think I can justify spending £400 plus on one which is why I might see if I can make one up myself
  13. C

After looking into it further you are right. A few people on the Acura RSX forum had said they had done it and that was straight forward enough. However that must be because they must be experienced with metal work and welding! The rails do need cutting off and the other ones welding on which is...
  14. C

I've got some FN2 tyre r seats that i'm trying to get to fit in my DC5. I went for these as I read that you can get them to fit with simple modifications and you need to bolt the DC5 rails on the FN2 seats. I have got the DC5 seats and rails off that was easy enough. However looking at the FN2...
  15. C

New DC5 Owner

I will be selling them pal, the drivers upper bolster is worn and the fabric ripped, so will need repairing. Apart from that they are in quite good did Here are a few more pics. I'm based in Telford Shropshire.