Recent content by danr19

1. D

Will these fit?

They'll sit further out than oem wheels (which are narrower and have a different offset - which you probably know already), and they do stretch a 215 tyre, but they don't rub at all (and mine is lowered a bit too on Spoon springs). I like the look / stance it gives though. If you'd prefer the...
  2. D

Will these fit?

Mine are 7.5 ET45 on the same tyres and fit just fine. Lots of photos in the for sale section (for my car)
  3. D

ST225 to dc5

It might be worth trying the Facebook page instead to try and track down a local owner. I think more people look at that nowadays.
  4. D

ST225 to dc5

Completely agree. The key is to keep on top of potential issues. They'll always be sought after.
  5. D

ST225 to dc5

Valuing them at the moment is really tricky I think. Traders are advertising DC5s for around £17,000 and managing to sell them. I can see though that somebody would be willing to pay that from a dealer more so than privately - although I don't think that necessarily means you're getting a better...
  6. D

2001 DC 5 Leak in Footwell

A potential cause could be the sealant in the roof gullies drying out and tiny hairline cracks forming. This allows water to ingress via the gulley where the gulley meets the windscreen - it will then run down the A-pillar to the dash and down to the footwell. A way to check this is to pop the...
  7. D

Simply Jap Beaulieu - Sunday 26th July 2020

I'll be going. It would be good to get a few cars together. Is anybody else interested? There's no capacity limit this year.
  8. D

Mugen GP

I've bought a bunch of replacement parts (seals, badges, decals, trims, lights) from various places... Cox Motor Parts Tegiwa Torque GT DIY Spare Parts (just need the part no. which you can find on Amayama)
  9. D

17x7 et45 or 17x7.5 et45?

Hi all, I'm looking to order a new set of wheels tonight (15% off at Tegiwa today) but I'm torn between 17x7 et 45 or 17x7.5 et45. Despite reading through all the previous threads I'm still unsure. Tyres will be Michelin PS4 215 wide and the car is on Spoon springs / oem shocks with no...
  10. D

Headlights - Help with removing HID Igniter

Maybe it's a case of buying non - oem ones without the grommet so they can be fitted to the new lights easily. Or I wonder if the grommet end plug can be taken apart and then put back together. I haven't got the lights so I can't have a proper look. I'm planning on getting them on the...
  11. D

Did you manage to get the igniters fitted through the new lights? I'm assuming it's equally as hard to get them back in? The garage have done a lovely job polishing the old lights up so it would be a shame to smash them up
  12. D

Good evening....My car is having some work done and the headlights are being swapped out for new ones at the same time. For those that have changed their headlights, is there a certain knack to taking the HID igniter out? The guy in the garage can't seem to do it easily and obviously doesn't...
  13. D

Facelift Headlights

My pleasure. To be fair I haven't restored mine for a while, but the difference is just night and day. Worth every penny.
  14. D

Facelift Headlights

For anybody after a new set of facelift headlights.....Cox Motor Parts are now selling them for £179.99 each. Down from £320, or £300 elsewhere.
  15. D

Spoon Facelift Springs Clunking

Thanks for both your replies - Yes, I saw both your comments after posting. I should have looked harder. I hadn't seen any of this before buying them. The only info I had found was that Spoon were the only choice when fitting directly onto OEM facelift dampers - which doesn't appear to be...