Recent content by Dave SS

1. D

HOT Croft 23/07/10.

105 static seems loud for Croft?
  2. D

Nurburgring and Insurance

join adac, it's not easy though :? The topic's been covered on northloop.co.uk quite a bit
  3. D

June 07 Croft Trackday Vids

those DVD's are on their way Mike! :P
  4. D

HOT Croft 9 June 07 SOLD OUT

so what are you saying I should have done Sara? :idea: spoke to who, exactly.
  5. D

I would've said something had I been the driver, there's no excuse for blocking complete strangers if you ask me with a such an open track to explore :?
  6. D

cracking day but the standard of track etiquette left a lot to be desired by certain drivers :? At least two cars that I can think of thought they were racing and seemed to relish keeping other cars behind them - childish in the extreme. If that's the accepted standard of driving on HOT days I...
  7. D

Best laptime of a DC5 at Nurburgring Nordschleife?

up until that point the car didn't feel a lot different, other than the revs rising and dropping much quicker when matching revs :) Having since driven a completely stock example though I can really feel the difference.
  8. D

my dc2 actually accelerates up kesselchen slightly when I change to 5th, courtesy of a 4kg flywheel :) the car's stripped out but otherwise standard.
  9. D

DC5 Type R vs Civic FD2 Type R

I'm going to bow out of this one....... conoroneill, sorry mate but you're living in cloud cuckoo land :? Even if your conspiracy theory is correct, who gives a flying fuck which car is quicker? dc5's are quicker than my dc2, but do you hear me complaining about it? :idea:
  10. D

BM ran the 98 spec dc2 to a 1:09.0 tsukuba lap, the dc5 was around a half second quicker and as you can see the FD2 laps around the 1:08 flat mark.
  11. D

normally I'd disagree with that but when they tested the facelfit DC5 and raced it against varius cars inc the JDM ep3 at Tsukuba you could quite clearly see the ep3 driver let gan-san past at the end of the first lap. Granted he scared the shit out of most of them but it still looked dubious.
  12. D

are they still for sale in Japan? the NSX isn't though is it :?
  13. D

....regardless of how bad the dc5 driver was, it's still a faster car. It could be something as simple as it having sticky tyres mind.
  14. D

I've seen 1:08.8 laps from the dc5 before, either way - 1:07.9 is seriously fast for the FD2 :shock:
  15. D

based on the 8:43 time being accurate for the ukdm dc2 I'd guess the dc5 would be at least 10-15 seconds quicker. The extra gear above 80mph and extra torque will help a lot. Gan-san himself said it was "much faster than the old model" when he ragged the shit out of it at the takasu test centre...