Recent content by davidpingu

1. D

Newbie jap owner engine mount question

Innovative are quite popular too and are available in either steel or aluminium. They can be bought in several different compounds for street/race etc. Also heard of people running Avid mounts but know little about them. Welcome btw.
  2. D

Who has my old DC5 ?

I thought you'd be back at some point! Yes I did what was always the unthinkable and sold up. Just had no time for it lately and had to cut down on outgoings for taking voluntary redundancy at the end of the year. Didn't realise you were in the states, what are you up to? Hope it's going well :)
  3. D

Who has my old DC5 ?

How's it going Adam? Still have the ST?
  4. D

Not really a newbie but i am back in a Teg after many years away

Best of luck with her Mark. Removing all of that sound proofing will give you just a small idea of my efforts on this car :P Have to say that shifter looks so much better like that! Keep the updates coming mate and keep in touch. You just never know, I could want to buy her back in future to...
  5. D

Flywheel options

I replaced mine with the competition clutch ultralight flywheel as TGM had them in stock while I was getting my clutch done. Lighter than OEM and works well. Not overly expensive from memory either. Somewhere in the £200 - £250 region I think?
  6. D

Changed Gearbox Oil, Is this Normal???

Looks about right to me to be honest. Gears wear no matter how careful you are unfortunately. They are only tiny filings.
  7. D

moving on ...

I've not had much interest mate. To be honest though it's always a buyers market and if they aren't in a rush they can wait for someone whose desperate to sell and willing to drop a lot of the asking price. This thread is evidence of that!! I've put way too much effort in to mine to let it go...
  8. D

dc5 inner CV joint

Another option: http://shop.mcgautostyling.com/insane-shafts-hi-performance-driveshaft-axle-right-for-honda-integra-type-r-dc5-is-066.html Obviously these are all pairs but from experience if one is weak then the other isn't far behind failure
  9. D

dc5 inner CV joint

Have a look at these Jim: http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import-axles/honda/integra-jdm-edm/dc5-2002-2006/honda-2002-2006-dc5-integra-type-r-jdm-edm-basic-axle-level-0 Works out as £210 for the pair. Obviously there's some postage and customs to add but I can talk you through that if you like...
  10. D

dc5 inner CV joint

I find it crazy how there is still no definitive answer to this when you think I had this problem 3 years ago and it seems so many companies still can't get their act together and be clear about what's for an ep3 and what fits a DC5. I found it so frustrating back then to eventually have to give...
  11. D

Is it just my luck

As said above a TF change makes a world of difference and while some recommend Motul and a few others (which I've not tried) I have had 3 different types in my box during ownership and none beat MTF3 for me. I tend to change this on every other engine oil service so typically every 2 years. 2nd...
  12. D

Annoying Rattle..Spoiler?

You could always remove the spoiler for a test run? Only takes 2 mins to remove. A quick drive up and down the road would help rule it out. There is a sponge type material between the spoiler and boot panel designed to soak up vibration so perhaps this has worn a little?
  13. D

Was there some thing going on today?

Also we had sunshine today so it could have just been that? :D
  14. D

Spoon spring group buy photos

Also guilty of not being in the group buy but here's mine.
  15. D

Getting a spare key???

As Jimmer said, any key cutting service will do. I ordered a blank from Honda just for OCD reasons and took it in to Timpsons. Works fine. There is no code on a pfl key. A code is held on a chip for which it has none. As said, any appropriately sized key would work. Perhaps this is what he...