Recent content by El_Boomo

1. El_Boomo

removing swirl marks on NHB colour

I use Menzerna SF4500 with a white hexlogic pad. Took most of the swirls our of my bonnet with 2 passes. Probably says alot about how soft our paint is. Poorboys is good if you don't have anywhere undercover, it's designed to be able to be used in direct sunlight. Sent from my SM-G935F using...
  2. El_Boomo

Straight through OE mid Pipe

Loud. Very loud. I have a Spoon n1 on a custom 2.5" midpipe w/silencer and it was 102dB at Snetterton. I imagine with the silencer gone it'd be insane. Is the Sported 2.5" or 2 1/4"? Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  3. El_Boomo

Japanese wax

No idea on ultimate as I haven't got round to trying it yet, but Naviwax Dark doesn't need any cure time. Just slap it in a panel and wipe straight off. Never tried leaving it on for any length of time to be honest. Can be applied dry, but I always keep the aplicator damp or give the panel a...
  4. El_Boomo

Japanese wax

I'm a Naviwax Dark user and have tried various Soft 99 products. Naviwax is the one I keep going back to as I can literally chuck it on and wipe it off in minutes. Even in rain or direct sunlight. Plus it gives me a good deep shine. Soft99 Fusso lasts ages and repels water better, but doesn't...
  5. El_Boomo

Recommend a DAB stereo

I also have a Pioneer x3600 in my Accord and agree more with Linus. The sound is excellent in my opinion, might be to do with the amp, crossover and speaker system in the Accord but I doubt it. The equaliser and other sound functions work pretty well and are easy to use, unlike the Alpine...
  6. El_Boomo

IACV screws. Size and pitch

I just used a saw to turn mine into flat heads. Not an option? Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  7. El_Boomo

Idle problem

I've finally fixed this after a few weeks of annoying the neighbours and scratching my head. As it turns out, the IACV sensor is very slightly adjustable. When putting it back together I'd obviously screwed it in so that it's default position was slightly more open than it should be. Now that...
  8. El_Boomo

Snow foam recommendations

I like Chemical Guys No Touch, but must agree with Brophys recommendation of Bilt Hamber too
  9. El_Boomo

Idle problem

Cheers, I unplugged the TPS with the car running and it made no difference to the idea speed. I also unplugged the IACV sensor which caused the idle speed to drop but pulse. Not sure whether this is meant to happen, but I'm guessing it means the IACV is good. Checked for vacuum leaks with...
  10. El_Boomo

Idle problem

That's what the 12.5% on throttle closed led me to believe but John said it's about normal. I meant to check voltages at work but ran out of time. Although reading back I should clarify that I was checking WOT with the ignition on but engine off. Closed throttle shows 12.5 no matter what so...
  11. El_Boomo

Idle problem

Cheers for that. Shows 97.3 with foot flat to floor so close enough for me. Starting to look like I'm going to have to try cleaning the IACV again.
  12. El_Boomo

Idle problem

Ok so this still hasn't worked. However, I plugged in a bluetooth OBDII reader and, using Torque on my phone, found that the throttle position is showing 12.5% when closed. I haven't checked the voltages to see whether or not they're in spec yet, but would this fool the ECU into thinking the...
  13. El_Boomo

Idle problem

I'll give that a try. Tried pulling the ECU fuse whilst the engine was warm and then starting it up and leaving for 10 minutes but no joy.
  14. El_Boomo

Idle problem

Pulled up at work a couple of weeks ago and suddenly had an idle of 3000rpm. With the Spoon N1 and 2.5 inch B pipe it sounded like the world was ending. Anyway, I whipped the throttle body off, gave the IACV a good clean (wasn't moving at all but now spins freely), replaced the gaskets and put...
  15. El_Boomo

Family DC5

Yep, ISOFIX is there but you'll have trouble getting anyone to guarantee the fit due to it not being on any manufacturers fit list. The seats do fit fine though. We have a 1 year old and have never had a problem with using it to take him into town or away for a weekend. Boot easily fits our...