Recent content by EthanTEG

1. EthanTEG

Help identifying side skirts

Hi all, Does anyone have any idea which side skirts these are (pictured below)? Photo was taken outside the Spoon Type One garage in 2003 by Temple of VTEC Asia, but as far as I’m aware Spoon never made side skirts for the DC5. Any help is much appreciated
  2. EthanTEG

5Zigen Miracle Fireball catback

Thanks for the help. Had a look at the build thread and I have to say, it looks fantastic! You may have just swayed me towards the RM-01A, plus I think it’s probably the safest choice for me
  3. EthanTEG

The RM-01A seems like a great system, my only concern is that apparently the b-pipe hangs quite low, which might be problematic as my car will soon be lowered 25mm on Spoon springs. I’m also now considering the Toda straight tip as that supposedly sits higher and has a lovely tone. My worry with...
  4. EthanTEG

Thanks for the info, I’ve heard nothing but great things about the RM-01A so it might just be the exhaust which is best suited for me. The Regu seems to be another forum favourite but if it isn’t as well made I’d rather go for the RM-01A. Just curious to hear what people have to say about the...
  5. EthanTEG

Hi all, anyone had any experience with this exhaust? Specifically want to know how loud it is as I don’t want anything excessively loud, so how loud is it compared to say a Fujitsubo RM-01A or a Kakimoto Regu 06&R? Love how the 5Zigen looks and I like the tone of the sound it makes, it’s just...
  6. EthanTEG

Need tyre advice for new wheels

Post is no longer relevant - gone for different wheel specs
  7. EthanTEG

That’s great, thanks for the help!
  8. EthanTEG

Hi all. I’m looking at getting 17x8+55 wheels, but not sure whether to get 225/45 tyres or 215/45. I’m currently running the OEM ride height, but I’m intending to lower the car 25mm on Spoon springs with FRSU. Would 225 tyres rub with this setup? I prefer how the 225s look (plus I believe...
  9. EthanTEG

DC5 FL Mugen front Lip or full kit (wanted)

Yeah the shipping fees are a lot. I don’t know anyone who has the stuff you want up for sale so I won’t be of much help, but hopefully someone on here will be able to help you out.
  10. EthanTEG

DC5 FL Mugen front Lip or full kit (wanted)

Have you tried looking on Yahoo! Japan auctions? It’s a great place to get the hard to find stuff, at least it has been for me. I think I remember seeing Mugen side skirts on there not long ago
  11. EthanTEG

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this particular car? Seems to be a fresh import. Tia

If that’s within your budget and you’re conscious of getting a good example it would be worth getting in touch with Torque-GT. They have a tidy one in the showroom at the moment but if that one doesn’t take your fancy you could import one through them - that’s what I did. If you don’t mind the...
  12. EthanTEG

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this particular car? Seems to be a fresh import. Tia

They should have the auction sheet from when it was imported, that’ll tell you if it has had any repairs done to it. If you want to find out about it’s history since being imported it’s worth doing a history check if you’re seriously interested in buying it. Where is it up for sale out of interest?
  13. EthanTEG

Did a quick reg search, it was first registered with the DVLA in September 2021 so it would’ve been imported not long before then I would’ve thought. The last V5C was issued at the same time. That’s all I’ve got though, is there anything specific you wanted to find out about?