Recent content by firthy22

1. firthy22

Eibach Pro Kit or Tein S Tech Lowering Springs ?

I know I no longer have a DC5 but if you want a good handling car for road and occassional track, go with Eibach pro Springs, uprated ARB's and FRSU. Comfortable ride and handles like a dream. Ask Teegwa he's been around Combe with me when i had mine.
  2. firthy22

Miss my K-Pro :(

Rubbish, my DC5 made 250bhp with a twinloop so can't be that restrictive, just a shame it went through a brick wall :(
  3. firthy22

Not happy :(

Well for those that read about my accident and car being wrote off will know I was not very happy with the situation. Further to this I received a called from Churchill yesterday informing me that the £8,995 payout for my car would be paid into my account that day. They asked me if I wanted to...
  4. firthy22

Any decent places to mount number plate

None at all, but there's nothing to stop you having a bigger plate in the same position.
  5. firthy22

Any decent places to mount number plate

Get bumper resprayed or fill the hole in and relocate the plate in front of the radiator. YOu can easily make up a bracket to fix to the existing holder. Looks like this
  6. firthy22

May be coming back to the fold

I'm the original old timer and still around, just don't have a DC5 any more :(
  7. firthy22

Car crashed :( Photos added

Too much hassle trying to sort getting the car back from insurance and could take weeks to sort, so decided to cut my losses and have bought the scooby. Not all bad as I will have over 4k in the bank and a 4WD to go to work which is definitely beneficial for a daly driver at this time of year...
  8. firthy22

End of an era :(

Well, worst case scenario, I've found a 2003 Impreza WRX with 62k miles in almost unblemished condition for just over £4k so this is the car I will probably buy. Drives really tight, no rattles or knocks and it has the added bonus of 4w drive for the bad weather ahead.
  9. firthy22

Update on situation. Took Focus ST for a test drive, heap of junk. All wheels kerbed, heavy, sluggish, can't read milometer due to some filter being faulty in the display, rattles due to firm suspension. Nuff said, won't be buying it. Took FN2 Type R for drive, it's black and stone chips on...
  10. firthy22

Car crashed :( Photos added

Posting update on other thread about this so go there to read it.
  11. firthy22

Greenlight

Who are these guys you talk about ? Men in Black maybe :D :xconfused:
  12. firthy22

Well I could stay in the Honda fold and go for this. Spoke with the owner and he said it's in unblemished condition as he hardly ever uses it, still has finance on it and needs it cleared as well. Said price is negotiable so might get it for not much more than my pay out. 3 years old with 17k...
  13. firthy22

Mmmm, you might have a point about the fuel, just checked the figures. Want something not too expensive that is sporty and I can use as a daily driver to work. Evo X isn't an option until I retire as I will buy one in unblemished condition, way too good to use as a daily driver on country roads...
  14. firthy22

No worse than an Evo or Scooby though and good cars are hard to find over here so very limited when looking for a specific type of car.