Recent content by forde090187

1. F

Input shaft bearing

Hi Luke, I had the same issue with my previous dc5. Ended up replacing all the bearings and the seals in the box, was relatively easy. Unfortunately I can't remember which one it was. It had broken, small metal band within the bearing separating the balls had split. I got the bearings from Honda...
  2. F

Petrol dial fluctuating

I had the same issue with my old teg, think its quite a common thing for the gauge to dip quite quickly. As for it not reading empty, then failing to start, mine eventually came to this too. Twice I cut out mid drive, few litres from a jerry and problem solved. From then on I just never let it...
  3. F

Electrics cut out at high rpm

Any luck with this woody?
  4. F

High Comp N/A Build Or Turbo

Was enjoying this thread until the r34 vs dc5 bickering started. Should get back to the turbo or high comp NA chat
  5. F

Electrics cut out at high rpm

I had a similar issue, v-tec wouldnt engage due to the needle misbehaving. Bypassed the converter, (so the speedo read in kph) problem solved. Faulty converter
  6. F

Fuel flush

I used some red-ex. All it done was give me an annoying (and rather worriying) rattle/knocking noise from the engine, it past over a week or so, wouldnt use it again
  7. F

Rear parcel shelf.

Search reveals all mate! Trust, that's why I haven't got that many posts, searching has pretty much told me everything ive needed, as pretty much all info you could ever want has already been covered
  8. F

Welcome to the forum Phil
  9. F

Gearbox Bearings and Seals - Where to buy?

Sorted, just got off the phone to Tom at TGM. Honda should be able to sort everything for me. Can try a local bearings shop who can source the correct ones. Soon to be back on the road! Fully serviced, refurbed wheels, refurbed callipers, rebuilt 'box, new clutch.............. then possibly up...
  10. F

Gearbox Bearings and Seals - Where to buy?

Hey fellow Teg nuts! Currently got the gearbox out of the car, had an odd noise coming from it, so needed investigating. Comes down to the bearing (its a thrust type bearing) at the rear of the Input Shaft, had fell apart, all kept within itself so luckily no harm done, shafts and gears etc are...
  11. F

Headlight "Cloudy"

Dont know about anyone else, but my teg, and my friends teg, have both got a few dead flies in the rear clusters! Odd!
  12. F

Refurbed my wheels

They look spot on mate! ;) What spray did u use, and where from?
  13. F

boot water

Ive stuffed a micro-fibre cloth (holds an awfull lot of water) under the spare where the majority of the water sits, every now and then i just wring it out, keeps it at bay nicely!
  14. F

Parcel shelf from my DC2 fit my DC5?

Yeah i got a C pack and its uber dark, really cant see through it, like said above, only on a very very bright day
  15. F

Rocker Cover Gasket

I paid about £16 last week for a rocker gasket, from my local honda garage (Startin), cheap as chips, but then again, its only a skinny little piece of rubber! :roll: