Recent content by GIBLETS

1. GIBLETS

Fake k-tuned shifter box

It's the long term test that will tell the true value of the fake, whether or not the quality of materials used in the bushings and spring material etc. and machining tolerances used to allow for bedding in are up to the job. 3 years and around 12k miles roughly on my K tuned shifter with zero...
  2. GIBLETS

Diagnosing Water Leaks

I take it this is the roof gutter strip seam sealant that's hardened and cracked? Noticed it on mine when imported, kinda dried out and had micro cracks in it, i sealed along the gutter lines and followed down the seams towards the boot seal again using tiger seal after giving it a good clean...
  3. GIBLETS

K tuned steel sump for dc5

I wish they'd bring a baffled version of these out!
  4. GIBLETS

Just a little change made to my dc5

Nice work Nathan, out of interest who‘s doing the work for you?
  5. GIBLETS

ITG Maxogen replacement filter?!

👆🏻 Would be a cheaper option too.....
  6. GIBLETS

ITG Maxogen replacement filter?!

If you‘re handy you could possibly adapt the aluminium section of the ITG to accept a standard K&N cone filter of the correct diameter and length, something you‘ll be able to ascertain from the old foam section. Something I thought about before I changed my maxogen out as I wanted more noise....
  7. GIBLETS

mishimoto radiator hoses any good?

Mishimoto hoses are probably the best quality aftermarket hoses I‘ve come across to date, mikalor clamps are a good shout too
  8. GIBLETS

Thatcham Cat 1 Installation

You can tap into the rcl wiring behind the outer kick panel in the drivers footwell
  9. GIBLETS

Spec for mapping - Sard sports cat or not?

Had mine in for test a short while back and it passed emissions easy with the SARD cat fitted, didn‘t even have to warm the cat up as you generally do with sports cats. No advisories whatsoever too which is a sigh of relief 🙂
  10. GIBLETS

Brake Fluid

You sure that‘s not the manufacture date? Only 2 months old....
  11. GIBLETS

bonnet gas struts

I‘ve got a catalogue of errors from them over the last 2yrs and vow never to use them again unless it‘s absolutely essential, so glad Htune are getting back up to speed. One thing worth checking though is logging into your account and checking the status of your order, I placed one a short...
  12. GIBLETS

Boosted DC5 for sale on the bay (high price)

The value in this car is all dependent on the type of person you buying it IMO. If you want to go down the journey of building a car and seeing its improvements along with he way and enjoying the experience it‘s not so good. If you‘re someone who doesn‘t really have a hands on approach to life...
  13. GIBLETS

Boosted DC5 for sale on the bay (high price)

So it doesn‘t seem so bad, you‘re buying the mods and getting the car free....
  14. GIBLETS

Standard balljoint replacement - solution

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F300723101834
  15. GIBLETS

Who's good with part numbers?

I have a full set of these in the garage mate. Not sure what they‘re worth, I picked them up when I first bought my car but didn‘t realise that both of my seat rails are aftermarket lowered items hence they didn‘t fit 🙈