Recent content by Grunty

1. G

Cushion/ pillow/ padding thing for the seat belt harness

I found a black cushion with Recaro on it on ebay then got my gran to sew some elastic with velcro so i could feed it through the holes when I had mine. Can't find anything similar on ebay now though.
  2. G

Does anyone know this car?

Car is sold
  3. G

All looks good actually, may make a phone call later.
  4. G

Thanks, I did have a look, must have missed it
  5. G

Been a while since I have been on here, I sold my DC5 a couple of years ago. However my Impreza was unfortunately written off a couple of weeks ago through no fault of my own and I am thinking about an other DC5. This one has caught my eye...
  6. G

2002 DC5 for sale in blue for £5k

Probably worth adding that I can't see anyone til Saturday. If I could see anyone before that would probably already be sold.
  7. G

2002 DC5 for sale in blue for £5k

I have had mine on pistonheads for a day at £5350 and my phone and email literally hasn't stopped since. Loads of interest. Got to price well to sell.
  8. G

Windscreen

Just a heads up to anyone that needs a windscreen. Autoglass have just left my place without fixing my screen. Despite giving the number above and them confirming it was correct the screen was wrong. There is a dip at the bottom of the screen and the one that arrived had the dip in the wrong place.
  9. G

d2 coilovers off ep3 for facelift dc5

My car had D2 coilovers on when I bought it. Horrible crashy things and one of the fronts started leaking at about 15-18 months old. I wouldn't bother personally.
  10. G

Mixing or altering springs

I've also been thinking about this. As everyone else says the back sits perfect, but the front is bugging me. How much lower at the back are the sportlines compared to the pro kit? I really can't go much lower at the back with my wheel offset.
  11. G

Heat Sheild Around Cat?

Thanks. It's definately the heatsheild, no idea how it has got damaged and hanging off must have caught it on something, my other half has been using the car all week but she says she hasnt done anything. Would I be ok just to take the heatsheild off and run without i?, Or is it protecting...
  12. G

black oem wheels... good or bad ?

I have my standard wheels on at the moment which are gloss black. I'm not sure I like it to be honest, but they will do until I get new wheels.
  13. G

rota torques

Surely its cheaper to roll the arches than to buy new tyres anyway, unless you need new tyres?
  14. G

Heat Sheild Around Cat?

As above really, does the cat have a heat sheild around it? If it does I think mine is loose. There is something dangling in that area and rattling anyway. I have had a look at cats on ebay and one seems to have something round it while the other doesn't. I'll jack it up and have a proper...
  15. G

Offset help please

A little bit of stretch doesn't worry me, I would probably just use the standard size tyres that I already have. Lots of camber and arch rolling on the other hand I don't want to do.