Recent content by Hadean

1. H

DC2 >> DC5

Definitely alot more torque throughout the entire power band, I own a Australian DC5R (the export DC5R) and it only has the K20A2 which is the 200hp engine they use in the RSX-S. Even with that motor the engine feels more torquey than the DC2R. You'll find the engine is a little more civilised...
  2. H

Headlight Help needed

They are standard, but a deletable option in Japan. Save a few bob, but i wouldn't buy it without them!
  3. H

What are the service intervals for dc5

Caroline, your BF owns a FTO? wow, it must be a really nice feeling to kick his arse with the Type R hehehehe.
  4. H

Don't worry too much about the servicing, Honda cars are rather robust and designed to be serviced like their other cars. Just service it like the Civic Type R. That uses the I-vtec block too doesn't it? Do you guys have the Euro accord type R?
  5. H

http://www.honda.co.jp/manual/integra-t ... rvicedata/ this will take you directly to the service information for LA-DC5. Good luck!
  6. H

I'll find the link for the manual for you okay? i'll post the link for it. I think it uses 10w-30, but that will depend on the climate of your region. I used Mobil1 synthetic 10w-30 before, and noticed that it will sip it faster than the mineral FEO honda stuff. Watch that dipstick like a hawk...
  7. H

Hondata ECU

Do you know why the power increases when you removed the PCV tube to the air-box?
  8. H

Headlight Help needed

That's what I just said. :p The wiring shouldn't be a problem to make up. Find the relay that controls the HID bulbs and use the relay that is used on the non-HID lamps. The wiring should be easy!
  9. H

Headlight Help needed

Is it possible to put in H1 bulbs, making up a little wiring harness and relay for it?
  10. H

The plugs will last a long time, i think 60,000kms because they are iridium plugs. The K20A exhibits high oil-consumption depending on driving habits and brand of oil used. I usually change my oil every 5,000kms. The filter gets changed every 40,000kms. Don't you have the owners' manual? If not...
  11. H

Mugen Brakepad

I just asked. Most cars have a set brake force distribution between front and rear, unless you're driving a utility car or a truck. I don't know why you would have more rear brake wear. Only other reason is this: The previous owner had already changed the front brake pads, so the rears look...
  12. H

Mugen Brakepad

Do you do alot of trail-braking? Lightly stepping on the brake to slow yourself down slowly? How about braking on hilly decents? I'm not exactly sure where I'm heading with this, but I work at a car manufacturing company in engineering design and can find out from the brakes department. (i'm in...
  13. H

new dc5 owner problems with transmission

It should be covered under Honda warranty. Your dealer should fix it.
  14. H

G'day from DC5R owner in Australia

Hi Everyone, My name is Howard, great to see a dedicated DC5R website and forum! I own a Championship white DC5R but Australian spec. Although it isn't the JDM spec (we miss out on some suspension tune, alloy wheels, Brembo and the 220ps engine!), we still get the JDM transmission, full...