Recent content by hondaft

1. hondaft

Mugen replica side skirts FRP

Managed to find the US site I had seen before that does these so I'm just going to buy from there. 1. DC5888 2. TRUPPR 3. k!ngy
  2. hondaft

Where you getting them at £400 lol? Try about double that!
  3. hondaft

I would be interested mate, where are you getting them from?
  4. hondaft

Android Double Din Head Unit

I have one of these: https://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Android-Car-GPS/GA2114.html Mine is basically the quad core version of yours, all these come from the same manufacturer and have slight changes depending on the resellers. There's good custom roms and info on getting root etc on XDA if you're...
  5. hondaft

Plasti dip Thoughts?

Will just depend on where you're based really mate, I'm in Glasgow and know a guy that does all 4 for around £200 and quite a few of my mates have had theirs done there and theyre spot on. Not 100% on autodip but most US companies don't ship aerosols to the UK :(
  6. hondaft

Plasti dip Thoughts?

I plastidipped my wheels about a year and a half ago and they lasted pretty well. A few months ago though they have started wearing away though and I think I'm just going to get them powder coated. I should have just done that in the first place I think even though they have lasted quite well...
  7. hondaft

Battery Battery Battery!

Yeh I ended up getting a micra battery from Halfords but I went for the Yuasa one since I read great reviews and also heard that's what Honda use in a lot of their BTCC cars. Higher CCA and 5 year warranty with it as well, I've had mine about 4 or 5 months and hasn't missed a beat (touch wood)...
  8. hondaft

Car cut out in traffic

Haha thanks guys, appreciate it :) I gave it a wee blast the other day as well but maybe it needs some more :P and I'll give the IACV a clean at the weekend
  9. hondaft

Car cut out in traffic

Thanks mate :) thought that might be the case, is it likely that it will happen again at speed or is it only likely to cut out if I'm idling?
  10. hondaft

Car cut out in traffic

Getting a bit worried about this in case it happens again at speed. The engine randomly cut out when I was sitting in traffic this morning but started again fine and was driving fine. I should mention though that it didn't get driven much over Christmas and when I turned it over and left it...
  11. hondaft

road tax cost for dc5 pfl

Thats pretty cheap :P I was £290 this year! Depends on how is registered when it was imported mate, think it ranges form around £200-£500
  12. hondaft

Fuel Filter for DC5 Type R

Yeh mate that's the one I used and fitted perfectly and been running fine for a few months now :) Be very careful when you are attaching the old connector as its very delicate, I broke mine and had to solder it back on, not the end of the world but was inconvenient since I didn't have a solder...
  13. hondaft

Brembo Pads don't fit

Had another go tonight since I had to take pictures for the seller. The pads are 15mm thick and even hammering them on, they would only go half way in and then the disc wouldn't even spin. I guess its the wrong pads then? Out of interest, does anyone know what the number on the back of the...
  14. hondaft

Brembo Pads don't fit

Hmm, its a weird one, just my luck I suppose :( Yeh I had the pistons fully back in but that part wasnt really an issue, it was the height of the pad if that makes sense, it seemed slightly too tall too fit into the caliper.
  15. hondaft

Brembo Pads don't fit

Thanks for the quick replies :) I thought it might have been 350Z pads they sent, I've messaged the seller to see what he says and I'll check the thickness of them when Im home. Topgeezer - were yours a bit of a squeeze like height wise?