Recent content by hondamad2204

1. hondamad2204

A recommended Sprayer needed & Front Lip alignment help please.

Front lip is held on with a tape / block and secure from underneath with bolts and brackets. The stickly bit is probably dried out, or at some point it‘s been caught slightly and pulled it down one side. Easy to take off one side, clean up and re-stick. Rear lip is the same and may come across...
  2. hondamad2204

No idle control valve

It was probably hunting/ in need of a clean previous to Kpro so instead the old owner has had it switched off. It is an easy item to service /take apart clean if your handy with basic tools if you did reinstate it and find it‘s all over the place.. Normally the car should idle around 2k when...
  3. hondamad2204

Big Brake Kit Options

I‘ve had both the dixel and PBS...night and day difference with the PBS. Dusty though, but work great from cold. Incredible when hot. And like Sam has said above, zero fade on track...just seem to get stronger and stronger. Recently did a trip the the ring and spa, and an ex DC5 owner came...
  4. hondamad2204

My new DC5, TPS issue?

Hi, the acuity TPS is a good bit of kit! You need to set it up perfectly however, or the flat spot you described will always remain. Very minute movements drastically change the voltages. In the end I fitted the TB all back to getter and spliced into the wires so I could use the a multi meter...
  5. hondamad2204

Spoon, Seeker, Mugen brake pads

PBS and Mtec here, changed for a track upgrade and never looked back to be honest. In the near 9 years of ownership these are the best I‘ve experienced. They are very dusty, but I‘ve had zero issues with fade, shuddering etc (disks are hooked) and even driving normally from cold the bite is...
  6. hondamad2204

Xenon bulb working but looks halogen?

Naa neither have I. , it‘s all to do with gas and pressures inside the glass itself m to get different colours of light...quite possible there is a minute difference in batches etc. I‘d always change both headlamps at the same time to remove the risk of this happening. But 5k upward will...
  7. hondamad2204

Xenon bulb working but looks halogen?

What colour temperature did you purchase? 4200k looks very similar to halogen in colour, but is more pronounced if compared to one that‘s a crisp white/ blue.
  8. hondamad2204

P0341 help please?

Gearbox will be pricey. I had full bearing rebuild, 1st and second gears with synchros and hub assembly which cost best part of £1100 with the dreaded. Also had the engine mounts changed, clutch as it was out, list goes on. Also had the chain done on mine as I had a tick noise, turned out...
  9. hondamad2204

dc5 inner CV joint

Yes ep3 ones fit, and yes you can get the bearings. I‘d put money on it being the inner cv on the drivers side though. I‘ve had two previous used “good condition” ones and the runners on the inside were slightly worn. Only really see how worn when compared to brand new OEM. One of the...
  10. hondamad2204

DIY How to replace front Brembo brake pads and rotors in Honda DC5

Nope, not unless you need to change it / spongy pedal feel.
  11. hondamad2204

**** IMPORTANT MESSAGE **** FORUM CLOSURE ****

:( sorry to hear Si, but needs must. Gutted. Thanks for all your efforts keeping it going this long..you and all the mods recent and old.
  12. hondamad2204

dc5 inner CV joint

Funnily enough I fitted a brand new oem inner CV to mine on Saturday. Expensive but no worries with it not fitting / lasting only a year etc.
  13. hondamad2204

Juddering under braking...

And my comment wasn‘t at you entirely either. (the crap bit) Haha I know things will wear and start to fail at some point but just curious as are you as to what‘s causing a lack of performance. What discs you‘re running..I‘m intrigued that‘s all :) No malice meant
  14. hondamad2204

Juddering under braking...

I‘ve just installed PBS pads and ‘J‘hook Mtec discs and I agree with the dusty comment, lol however stopping power is incredible. I‘m really really impressed with them. After the bedding in process they were incredibly warm and full of deposit, not helped by new black coated discs either so...