Recent content by Hope4sun

1. H

Hello..from a female DC5 owner

Good to see she's in safe hands and being kept clean :)
  2. H

Black DC5 owners.....

After having a few black cars and the R34 was a big black car to have to clean, and with my OCD for cleaning cars, my soultion use to keep her cleaner for a while but you can't win in the long run i'm afraid Dirt sticks, so the first thing you need to do is get the factory glass finish back, so...
  3. H

De-badged or not?

Personally from a stealth and easier to clean angle, id keep them off, the H can stay to save filling the holes, but IMHO cars look better with out, cleaner lines (I've done it to a lot of cars now, funny thing is, a good few years ago now, the Porker garage were trying to charge me for a...
  4. H

Anyone done any skid pan/driving courses?

If you really want to get the best out of the car and make your self a better driver, i can highly recommend a skid pan day, but better still (obviously more expensive too, but a lot better in the long run IMHO) is something like a Don Palmer day or a day at CAT doing fast road, steering under...
  5. H

Defi Din Set

Just shopping around for best price first, think it would be better if we could maybe get the whole kit? Looks like Nengun has them for £210 (but there would be shipping on top)
  6. H

Defi Din Set

mmm nice!, well i was just about to blow £55 on the tray for under the the single din I've fitted (and i was thinking extra gauges), so thats saved me a few peenys wasted, now need to source them at the best price. Group buy anyone ;) ?
  7. H

Do DC5's have to have a MPH speedo fitted?

They normally have the speedo converted to MPH, this is done with a converter fitted between the gear box and the speedo, the K on the K/MPH dial is then blotted out and this is good enough for eSVA and MOT. Andy
  8. H

Noise from 1 Speaker only - No Amp

Thans Andy, well i pulled the plugs on the back of the head unit and started the car up and still getting the buzz, so i guess its coming from the speaker its self, will try and get the panel today or next week and check the speaker wires. Driving me mad though :?
  9. H

Noise from 1 Speaker only - No Amp

After month of running about in the DC5 (which has been fun in this weather with Jap Summer tyres, can you say "SCRABBEL!" :lol: ) I've put in a new Sony head unit using the Accord connection kit. The issue is noise from the front passenger speaker only, i can hear the engine basically, the...
  10. H

Parts Identification And Advice (lots of pics!)

Def not illegal, a lot of cars come with wider rears than fronts from factory, Porkers and lizzys for starters :)
  11. H

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum :)
  12. H

Sky insurance all the way

Just thought I'd add my 2 pence worth, as i got my insurance through SKY for the Teg. They matched my 9 years no claims from my main policy and charged no extra for the Mugen Intake and fast road setup(yet to be done) £440 all in. They did how-ever mess up with the paper work twice, which up...
  13. H

200BHPCARS - Customer Testamonials

A Big thumbs up from me for Andy at 200bhp too, placed my order and the communications has been great (even when he was on his honeymoon :shock: ) Thanks to Danielle for picking me up from the station and to Andy for making the whole process a breeze (even with all the problems caused by the...
  14. H

DC5 R Brembo Brake Caliper Stickers

Have a read of these threads, if there faded, its most likely the lacquer, in which case just follow the first thread instructions and re-lacquer, then theres no need to replace the sticker. Sorry if its not quiet what you asked, but may help :)...
  15. H

Shell Fuel Card

I've got a V-Power club card, but not seen his one, though they are promoting a credit card with 5p back on fuel purchases for 60 days or something if i recall, but that's not a fuel card, so must be new. Will be sure to check next time I'm filling up (every other day currently :shock: :wink...