Recent content by HR Imports

1. HR Imports

A dash cluster light to tell us our lights are on, do we have one?

A lot of new cars just confuse this issue as the clocks are backlit even without the lights on. They often actually dim once the lights go on. I don't like this as I think it makes it easier for people to forget to turn their lights on after dark if they can see everything lit up. Far better if...
  2. HR Imports

When a chain snaps!!

I know the compression is higher on the FD2. I think the cam profiles are slightly more aggressive too. Apparently VTEC crossover is more noticeable because of this. Couldn't tell with the one I drove as it was flash pro'd. Hope it's sorted for you soon mate. Preferably while there's still some...
  3. HR Imports

teg suffering from the kangaroo effect

At slow speeds in traffic this is normal and can be countered with practice on the clutch. You'll find with other cars that you can press and depress the accelerator in rolling traffic with minimal to no jolt and without the need to use the clutch. Not possible in the Teg which I think is mostly...
  4. HR Imports

Fit bird on my DC5!!

It looks as though it has a short term memory disorder! "Ooh look, something shiny!!" BUMP "Damn window".........."Ooh look, something shiny!!" BUMP "Damn window"..........
  5. HR Imports

Squeal on vtec engagement

Could it be your tyres Alex? :D Sorry couldn't resist. Certainly sounds belt related. I think if it was mounts it would more likely be pulling away rather than at crossover. Hope you get it sorted bud :)
  6. HR Imports

Is it best to have best tyres at front or rear?

Usually best tyres go on the drive wheels so for Teg it would be up front. If you have same tyres all round though and you are just replacing a set I usually switch rears to front and put the new ones on the back. Reason is if you don't do high mileage or work your tyres hard they can actually...
  7. HR Imports

Looking for a low cost forward facing air duct to replace snorkel which faces battery

I just wouldn't worry about it patch. Too much effort for such a negligable return. I'd save your money for something else or just save for a second hand intake when funds allow
  8. HR Imports

Audi S3 after DC5

Went out in a mates brand new Golf R recently which has to be pretty similar to an S3 with the 4wd. I was impressed with it's pace. Feels so much power on tap with the torque and it really moves. Brakes were excellent and it certainly didn't struggle for grip on what was a wet day. It made a...
  9. HR Imports

Anyone recongnise these JDM wheels?

They look like Advan to me too although i'd never have guessed the model!
  10. HR Imports

Kpro or not?

The best performance mod you can do for that sort of money. A good choice I think
  11. HR Imports

I've moved on :O, DC5 to E46 m3

Bingo :D
  12. HR Imports

Tegiwa Rear Anti Roll Bar ARB Kit - Potenital Fitment Issue.

Wow, given away?!! Gutted I missed out on that one. Shame you didn't send it back though as they'd never know there was an issue otherwise. Perhaps it's specific to the JDM model with the clearance issues if there is some difference between LHD/RHD but I'll report it to them and see what they...
  13. HR Imports

Powersteering rack to manual

Hondata did this using the MR2 electric pump. Meant to give around 5 - 7bhp gain iirc. Some may scoff but that's probably more than you get from a £1k induction kit :D
  14. HR Imports

Tegiwa Rear Anti Roll Bar ARB Kit - Potenital Fitment Issue.

Oh really! Are there fitment issues? Put a post in my trader section if you like rather than going off topic here. Be good to get some product feedback for others though as you're one of the very few to have one. I'll also pass your feedback on to the guys back in the U.S.