Recent content by ijlh

1. ijlh

third gear weird grinding

If it’s any help, mine made a grinding noise when taking your foot off the throttle at high revs, 5-8k. Yours may be a completely different noise entirely Ended up being the clutch springs rattling. New clutch and flywheel sorted it instantly.
  2. ijlh

Rocker Cover Gasket

You got a link to the workshop manual? Or could you email the whole PDF over to me? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ijlh

Rocker Cover Gasket

Hondabond, and I believe you apply a bit in each corner of the rocker cover. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. ijlh

Rocker Cover Gasket

Hope it is too mate, Let me know! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. ijlh

Rocker Cover Gasket

Yeah that‘s what I‘m thinking. Unless there‘s any reviews of anyone using one, then I shall get a Honda one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. ijlh

Rocker Cover Gasket

Has anyone used the above rocker cover gasket with any issues? It‘s full OEM quality and Is supposedly made by the same people who make the Genuine Honda one. I‘ll happily buy the Genuine one if it‘s far superior, but if this one is exactly the same just without the Honda logo on it, then it...
  7. ijlh

Wheel Spacers

It is on coilovers, but they‘re at a sensible height Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. ijlh

Wheel Spacers

15mm Eibach all round for me. No rubbing issues whatsoever and fill the arches enough without it looking too severe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. ijlh

Fuel Gauge not working

Cheers Jack, never got around to updating this. But yes the exact same thing had happened to mine. The sender or float unit had fallen apart and was floating around in the tank. £40 for that from Honda and it‘s all fixed, with a new filter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. ijlh

Fuel Gauge not working

Fuel gauge decided it didn‘t want to work about a month ago after the car sat not being driven for a couple of months. It then started working off its own back about a week later. But now, it is properly dead, and not working at all. The fuel light is permanently on. Now, I assume this is the...
  11. ijlh

Cat 1 alarm recomendations and fitting

+1 for the Toad AI606, decent alarm, nice and simple, all I wanted. Got mine fitted by Southern Car Security for £240, if you‘re down south... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. ijlh

Eurospec Closed?

Doesn‘t surprise me in the slightest. Was far from impressed from my one visit there and have heard similar stories from others. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. ijlh

What powersteering fluid?

OEM only. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. ijlh

How to change the rear badge?

Heat it up with a hairdryer to soften up the adhesive, and then it should just come off with your fingers. Failing that get something soft to pry it off. Tooth floss works too. There‘s two locating pins on the back of the badge too. But basically it‘s nothing too major. Sent from my iPhone...
  15. ijlh

Grinding sound while engine breaking?

SOLVED I had this exact same issue, and a new clutch Genuine Honda clutch and Flywheel fixed it. Tom at TGM said the clutch springs were causing the rattling. Got a flywheel for good measure as it was pretty knackered. Might be just the clutch that rectified the noise, or a combination of the...