Recent content by James*1829

1. James*1829

Sticky number plates

Here's one of my old teg with the plate in the centre. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  2. James*1829

Spoon 4-2 2-1 manifold value

I just took a spoon 4-2 2-1 manifold and decat off my car. Just wandering if anyone could give me an idea on the value of it. I haven't really seen any for sale to get an idea of price. It's in good sound condition, no rust or dents. Only bad thing is, it was heat wrapped at some point so it's...
  3. James*1829

Driveshafts/CV joints

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-2-0-TYPE-R-K20-OUTER-CV-JOINT-KIT-/131093460678?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AIntegra%7CPlat_Gen%3ADC5&hash=item1e85c776c6:g:OmAAAOxygPtS1R4p I recently fitted one of these from eBay to my dc5. It seems a good quality part and stopped the noise I was...
  4. James*1829

Hi, new dc5 owner from devon

Welcome to the forum! Car looks nice and clean! Their are few of us on here from Devon, where abouts in Devon are you from?
  5. James*1829

Broke lock nut [emoji30] help

Ive used these before when I lost the key to remove my wheel nuts. Could be worth a try? https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/locking-wheel-nut-remover-2pc/?da=1&TC=GS-040223291&gclid=CP2Av9nL68oCFW8o0wodxl4J1Q Or try welding a nut on the end if you've got access to a welder?
  6. James*1829

DC5 Insurance Shock

Yeah don't use Adrian flux. I was with them before and they quoted me just over £1000 for the teg and I wasn't allowed to add any modifications either. Rang green light and they quoted me £500 with any modifications. So definitely worth ringing green light. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. James*1829

What tyres do you use?

Yokohama put a steel insert in the sidewalls of the ado8r to stiffen it and improve the performance of the tyre. The load index of a tyre doesn't necessarily have any affect on the strength of the sidewall. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. James*1829

What tyres do you use?

I've currently got Eagle F1s as there very good in the wet, so good for this time of year. Although as already said they have pretty soft sidewalls so not the best for driving fast on. I will be using ad08r when the weather improves though, as there a brilliant tyre in my opinion and had them on...
  9. James*1829

New j's 60rs!!

I've been tempted by one of these exhausts for a while now. As said could you put up a video and a bit of a review when you get it fitted? I'm keen to know what it's like as I really want one but don't want anything crazy loud but got a feeling this would be fairly loud. Sent from my iPad...
  10. James*1829

Exhaust help.

Personally I don't think I would spend the money on it if I was buying one. For the £800 price tag I don't think there would be that much difference over the standard manifold. I think the obvious difference would be fitting it along with the decat. If I get the time soon I will be fitting it...
  11. James*1829

Exhaust help.

I have the spoon 4-2 manifold with standard cat and spoon B pipe and n1 on mine. I can't really say about the performance as they were on the car when I bought it so can't compare it to standard but the car certainly doesn't feel slow and is very responsive. As for noise it's about as loud as I...
  12. James*1829

Mugen hood/bonnet

Here a few pics of mine. As far as I'm aware it's genuine, it came on the car when I bought it and the previous owner was pretty confident it was genuine. Hope these help. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. James*1829

How to determine genuine mugen products!?

I have a mugen Carbon bonnet on mine that has a mugen stamp with a number on it. It's in the middle on the underside between the vents. I was told it was genuine by the previous owner so assume it is. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. James*1829

Newbie from Devon

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. It would be good to sort out a meet for all the guys around Devon at some point. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. James*1829

Newbie from Devon

That's cool. Be good to know what cars are around the area. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk