Recent content by jermal

1. jermal

RSX the same fitment as DC5

Camber arms are the same.
  2. jermal

'Washing' the engine bay...

Ooops. Forgot I posted it on here too. I'll get my coat!
  3. jermal

'Washing' the engine bay...

I've done a how to on Type R Owners. Perhaps Dotty could cut and paste it on here?
  4. jermal

Facelift DC5's on the site?

Blueguy has a FL DC5. TBH, there's no point looking at any others.
  5. jermal

Hi, I would strongly suggest joining http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums as there is far more info...

Hi, I would strongly suggest joining http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums as there is far more info about JAE there and I am far more active on there so will be able to reply to you quicker. I'm collecting money for advanced tickets (the discounted rate) only until the 29th May.
  6. jermal

Engine Bay Detailing

No, no and no. I've used the above technique 4-5 times on my old civic and DC5 and had zero problems. As for protecting anything further down, if it looks electrical, stick some cellophane around it.
  7. jermal

Engine Bay Detailing

Gunk was from Halfords, but most auto shops will sell it. Make sure you get the foam action not the spray though. Battery stayed on throughout. Cling film the terminals if you're worried. Batteries off are for pansies.
  8. jermal

Engine Bay Detailing

This is how I do mine: This is by no means the only way to clean your engine bay, however it will give you a good idea of what to clean, what to protect and some little tips along the way. You will need: [*:1ia11h2b]10mm spanner or socket set (the latter is easier and quicker)...
  9. jermal

Insuring a car with parents on as named drivers

Just to give you some idea of insurance cost for a clean license at a similar age. This is what I paid last year. 26 Years Old. 6 Years NCB 0 Points My wife is insured on the Teg too. Good postcode (no bluds init around to "tax" my stereo) £500 Fully Comp with protected NCB. I'm expecting...
  10. jermal

Anyone running white TE37's?

Won't the White look too White agains CW Stu? Better off with a set of Bronze IMO.
  11. jermal

Insuring a car with parents on as named drivers

It's all good as long as you're not "fronting".
  12. jermal

FRONT GRILLE

It's blatantly obvious when you get the bumper off.
  13. jermal

GruppeM (new) - £520 ex Vat

Sounds good. Wouldn't trust them with my car though. By the parst and fit yourself or go elsewhere.
  14. jermal

FRONT GRILLE

Cable ties are what I'm talking about yes. If you cut the mesh to fit the grille, but obviously cut it slightly larger so you can fasten it with the cable ties right at the edges. If you pull the cable ties until they are as tight as you can get them, you should get a really good fit. I then...
  15. jermal

FRONT GRILLE

Tag/Zip ties will more than suffice. Cut them really short and they're hard to notice, especially if you leave the bulky part on the inside of the bumper.