Recent content by kyle'87

1. kyle'87

RPM fluctuation when out of gear

No problems. Try not to clean the throttle body too well, those black marks on the walls and plate are there to seal the throttle plate. A lot of people clean them off and air can now get past when closed. I know what you mean with hand over the intake, be brave hahaha, give your hand a slight...
  2. kyle'87

Jerking when feathering throttle at 2k rpm

From memory, the first time I removed the TPS I had the throttle body off to get at the two screws, but I can now do it while everything is still attached to the car. I don't remember cutting anything. When fitting the new TPS will have slots instead of just holes so you can rotate the TPS to...
  3. kyle'87

RPM fluctuation when out of gear

First thing is to check for a vac leak. Take off everything before the throttle body and start the engine, now hold your hand over the throttle body inlet to make a seal and the engine will cut out shortly. If the engine doesn't it means it is getting unmetered air from somewhere which is...
  4. kyle'87

Unfortunately not, I paid the full price on Tegiwa. I think the "Juddering" is when the mixture in the engine is not optimal for the condition that is being asked of the engine, either a lean condition or a rich condition but diagnosing beyond that requires the car to be with a mechanic to go...
  5. kyle'87

I fixed mine from doing this by getting the Acuity Hall affect TPS. I have had two TPSs (Tegiwa OEM repm and Ktuned V2) both suffered this issue. Since fitting the Acuity one the car has been significantly better at light throttle (cruising at 30mph in 4th is a good test for light throttle I've...
  6. kyle'87

CEL codes P1166/1167 ,Primary O2 Sensor?

It is indeed an OEM Honda part. You can either get one from Tegiwa (OEM Honda) or go to Torque-GT who offer the Denso equivalent but is about £50 cheaper. The primary 02 is a wideband sensor and I don't believe the EP3 ones are, so not compatible with our ECU.
  7. kyle'87

What paint code is shown on your CW chassis plate?

My PFL is NH0 on the chassis VIN plate.
  8. kyle'87

Slight rev hunting. Already fitted new iacv..

I'm not so sure. I would expect some air leak around the butterfly valve even when closed. This can be adjusted with the stop screw but all posts I've ever seen say to stay away from this screw. Edit: I take back the air leaking past the throttle plate. I suspect the idle issue to be tuning, I...
  9. kyle'87

Slight rev hunting. Already fitted new iacv..

I fitted a new IACV because mine was constantly getting stuck. Since fitting the new IACV the car does exactly what you describe. I am trying to chase a vac leak at the moment but I am not sure where it could be. I've got a new Throttle body gasket to fit and also going to try and use a tiny...
  10. kyle'87

Advice Need - Car "Coughing"

Your map sensor is on top of the throttle body and if unplugged while the car is running should kill the car. Get a code reader on it to see what the engine light is about, the error code should be stored if you haven't pulled the battery and ECU fuse since it last came on.
  11. kyle'87

Normal temperature range?

Mine sits between 85/88 degrees once warmed up. If it is hot and sitting in traffic it does reach 95 degrees and at that point the fans kick in and lower it back to around 85 degrees. 85 is about half way on the gauge.
  12. kyle'87

The DC5 - a dry weather car only?

! second this. Uni RS3 on mine and it drives spot on in all conditions.
  13. kyle'87

DC5 Number 2

I remember that feeling of seeing the import pictures for the first time and the wait for it to come of the boat. Find out the boat ID and track it as it makes it's way here. Looks like a nice, clean OEM example. xthumbup
  14. kyle'87

Indicator relay location

The relay is under the dash, the relay bank to the left when you look under there. It is easy enough to access, just drop down the tray under the steering wheel. It looks exactly like the image above. Best thing to do it put your finger on the relay and then try your indicators, if you turn them...
  15. kyle'87

I believe that is within tolerance. What you will want to do is back probe it again and check how the voltage goes up as you slowly open the butterfly with your hand. If it jumps all over the place then that is what the ECU sees and is likely the cause of the jerkiness.