Recent content by kyledc5

1. K

Why did you choose and buy the DC5 Integra Type R?

oh the look's i have to say are great,i work in a garage repairing car's and every time i go outside and see my dc5 i think to myself what a looker.it's simply stunning.it's cw with matt black honda alloy's.it's so unbelievable that i don't see another dc5 on the road,day to day,pity on the...
  2. K

Why did you choose and buy the DC5 Integra Type R?

well me being a speed freak,it all started with the evo,i have owned 3 unfortunately very expensive like 15mpg,a scooby good car same as the evo but handling not as good as the evo,at this point i needed something economical and rapid,so i went for a uk 2004 facelift civic type r,i thought good...
  3. K

switched from tesco to shell fuel wow!

don't you guy,s in ireland have shell petrol stations? if you do then use the v power fuel.
  4. K

who is your insurer?

i got insurance with keith michaels,£550 fully comp,with the wife also,try them its only a phone call,0845 337 3380. good luck.
  5. K

alloy pedal cover replacements

those brake and clutch pedals look perfect,and they come with the rivets a bonus,may be i should look at the american rsx for pedal cover's.thank's soo much mate,thumb's up to you,i think you hit gold here,rsx in america is the way for some dc5 parts.next step is to search the net for the...
  6. K

yeah its one because the oem alloy covers are riveted to the arm at the factory,the rivets are easily drilled out,and good replacement covers can be riveted into place.i am happy to go for good 2nd hand alloy covers,only thing is dc5 ones are very rare,but the new civic type r will be more...
  7. K

my dc5 alloy pedal covers are worn,the clutch and brake pedal covers that is.so i rang dave at spears and unfortunately very expensive because they come as one unit ie including the whole arm.i have seen the brake and clutch pedal covers on the new shape civic type r and they do look exactly the...
  8. K

thats right,i used to get more mpg from the v-power in my evo,now its gone sad,same results though,more throttle respone more power,i read an article where an evo tuner had done a bench test on the evo engine,and tesco 99 ron came 2nd and the v-power was top.thing is the dc5 is a jap car,over...
  9. K

outside temperature sensor.

ahh that explains it,thanks for your help mate,all the best kyle.
  10. K

its not a facelift,its 2003,i looked at the lower grill/opening,and i can see what looks like an outside air temperature sensor,its where the passenger side of the front number plate is at in the lower grill.the sensor is black,with wires coming off it,like all the other outside temperature...
  11. K

i been wondering if the dc5 has an outside temperature sensor,so i had a try at pressing buttons and nothing.so had a look at the front bumper and clearly at the passenger side there is an outside temperature sensor,so thinking i must be pressing the wrong buttons,can anyone help in how to get...
  12. K

since owning my dc5 i have used tesco 99ron fuel fo a month,good fuel by all means,recently i switched to shell v power and i have to say its much better,it is more costly,but the teg loves it,the car is more responsive,it pulls harder,the low down power is better and when the vtec kicks in, the...
  13. K

scraping noise from front wheel (drivers)

its very common when break discs are worn,not totally though,a lip will form on the outer edge,the edge of the pad will rub against this lip and cause the sound,if this is the case then the pads and discs will wear that area in a few hundred miles,then the noise fades away,also if the lip has...
  14. K

wheel caps

i painted mine myself in matt black,during painting the paint reacted with the red logo,so i thought leave them for later,soon realised the wheels look so much better without the centre caps,i did paint the hub bearing centre's satin black which made the final finish complete.all this cost me...
  15. K

Buying from a 'Bad' Importer....

the easiest way to know the true condition of the car is to ask the importer for the auction sheet,because on it, will show all modifications,any previous damage or repairs,dents and scratches,the true mileage,the tyre tread depth,etc etc.the auction grade both for interior and exterior,and...