Recent content by lewis87

1. lewis87

Spoon lowering springs or tien coilovers

If it‘s mostly a road car then I would just put the spoon springs on your Mugen Showa dampers. What springs are you on now?
  2. lewis87

Rust or old underseal?

Is that rust in the top picture not just the rear light brackets which are quite often very rusty as they are a mild steel with very little paint on them? The actual body of the car looks covered in under seal and pretty solid looking. Does look like bilt hamber stuff like you say.
  3. lewis87

Test Fitting Wheels - Any advice on what may work?

I always liked this website for checking wheel fitment: https://www.willtheyfit.com/ You can put in all the numbers and get a very useful diagram and measurements that will help you decide on fitment.
  4. lewis87

Oil Leak - Transmission?

Im not sure which cap you mean but worth putting some sealant on the cap and put it back in? I had a gearbox oil leak on my DC2 and it was coming from a large cap which covered a circlip. I removed it and put some ThreeBond 1215 on and it never leaked again for 6 years until the car was sold...
  5. lewis87

Rust!!! How Bad is this and How Do I Make it Go Away!!!

I‘ve only used Jenolite myself when dealing with rusty stuff and have always been pleased with it. I‘ve heard good things about bilt hamber as well. It doesn‘t look bad really, I certainly wouldn‘t be firing up my welder for that. Get it all cleaned up and painted and see how it progresses if...
  6. lewis87

Rust!!! How Bad is this and How Do I Make it Go Away!!!

Doesn‘t look too bad compared to some old jap cars I‘ve had. Is there anything visible from the outside of the panel? I would take it back to bare metal and see if there are any holes. You might be able to do that and just treat it with some anti corrosion acid and some good paint.
  7. lewis87

Lowering springs and FRSU

If you mean TEIN S spec, then that‘s what I have on my car. Ride is no worse than standard springs and the cars sits nice without the too low at the back look of Eibach. The car will drive much better if you get an alignment after, you will need camber bolts on the front and camber arms on the...
  8. lewis87

New user, new project

Is there any slack in your gear stick? I had difficulty selecting 5th but after replacing my gear linkage bushes the problem was gone. The originals had perished and some fallen out completely giving lots of free play.
  9. lewis87

New user, new project

What‘s actually wrong with the gearbox? I think I‘ve seen the car for sale with the previous owner, used it as his daily and was building a big power Impreza with a build thread on PistonHeads.
  10. lewis87

The Teg has gone

Hope you get on with the Clio and enjoy it more than the DC5, they are definitely held in high regards when it comes to hot hatches. I‘ve always wanted a drive in one, any pics?
  11. lewis87

Have i the right air scoop??

Does it actually touch the bonnet? They are very close but it shouldn‘t touch. Probably just needs some tweaking.
  12. lewis87

Calvin purchased who’s DC5 from here????

I think it was up for £7900.
  13. lewis87

Saw this car for sale on the Facebook page, it did look like a very good buy, gearbox rebuild with mfactory diff I think. It was one of the cheapest facelift cars I‘ve seen for sale.
  14. lewis87

Guess the coilovers....

They look pretty good condition, obviously not done many winters but perhaps not one of the known brands that people are looking for.
  15. lewis87

Car was priced at 6250 so looks like a good buy if the body is tidy.